Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Help please! I do not know anything about these. (K'Nex rollercoasters)

Posted by on Oct. 15, 2013 at 12:09 PM
  • 13 Replies

My 7 yr old son is wanting a K'Nex rollercoaster for Christmas. I have never seen these in person, but judging from pictures they look huge. We do not have a lot of extra room so I am wondering if this is something that he will be able to easily put together and take apart? Or is this something that once it is built it is intended to stay built?

by on Oct. 15, 2013 at 12:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 12:10 PM
1 mom liked this

my ds got one and even my dad couldn't build it, it is CRAZY hard

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 15, 2013 at 12:11 PM

My boys have one. I wouldn't even mess with it. Dh helped them put it together and he hated it the whole time. Lol

eesmommy
by Gold Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 12:12 PM
Dh built DS rollercoaster... I started and yeah.. lol I sat back and drank a bottle of wine and watched I love Lucy reruns lol.
gcstar42
by Gold Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 12:16 PM

Well shoot. I was hoping it would be something he could easily build and then take apart lol. Sounds like that is not the case though. Were they really huge once they were built? How much room do they take up?

momofne
by Gold Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 12:16 PM

I found knex a bit annoying LOL! Some of the pieces are hard to put together. I am a much bigger lego fan. My son had the roller coaster and it is pretty big  ( I'd say 4x3 maybe? or slightly larger) and after having it take up much of my kid's room after many weeks it got taken down. He played with them but never put the coaster up again.

peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 12:18 PM

Quoting gcstar42:

Well shoot. I was hoping it would be something he could easily build and then take apart lol. Sounds like that is not the case though. Were they really huge once they were built? How much room do they take up?

the roller coaster is like 4 feet tall

mamalynnsmith
by Bronze Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 12:20 PM

It will take up about 5 feet of floor space my in laws bought it for my now 17year old son when he was 10 he put it together. It will get boring very quickly . He can use the pieces to build other things just keep the directions so if he wants he can put it back together though once my son took it apart he never put it back up. It was alot of my money in my opinion

gcstar42
by Gold Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 12:21 PM

Hmm it is sounding like I should ty to encourage other smaller/simpler toys instead of one of these lol. Thanks though.

Quoting momofne:

I found knex a bit annoying LOL! Some of the pieces are hard to put together. I am a much bigger lego fan. My son had the roller coaster and it is pretty big  ( I'd say 4x3 maybe? or slightly larger) and after having it take up much of my kid's room after many weeks it got taken down. He played with them but never put the coaster up again.

tracy0812
by Silver Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 12:22 PM
My son has tons of Knex stuff. Including a few roller coasters. His brain is geared towards that type of thing, but hubby and I couldn't even figure out the directions! The roller coasters come in different sizes. It should say on the box how big it is.
NeonGirl9583
by on Oct. 15, 2013 at 12:25 PM
My 7 yr old ds wanted something like that. I just looked at the box and rolled my eyes lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)