Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Am I wrong for not wanting an adoption or abortion?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 180 Replies
My boyfriend and myself are both 17.
I found out I was pregnant in June after our birth control failed.

When I told my boyfriend of the news he told me he would support me with whatever I chose to do.

After cutting abortion from my option instantly and looking into adoption, I made the decision to keep our baby. I just don't think I would be able to live with myself if I did either of the two options.
Now that I am 5 months along, my boyfriend tells me he wants us to do an adoption.

I've already accepted the fact I'm going to be a mom, and made the changes in my life so far that I can. And my boyfriend is frustrated with my choices now.

Am I wrong for not listening to my boyfriend?
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 15, 2013 at 4:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 15, 2013 at 5:06 PM
Bump
quinnsmom715
by Donna on Oct. 15, 2013 at 5:10 PM

whether you choose abortion,adoption or parenting,the choice has to be something you can live with.if you arent sure about adoption make a plan to see if you can handle parenting alone..how do your parents feel?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 15, 2013 at 5:10 PM
6 moms liked this

Nope, always go with your heart, it will keep you from having so much grief and heartache in the end.

I was 17 when I first got pregnant, had her at 18. It is super hard, takes alot of sacrifice and will not be easy, AT ALL. But you can do it. I am now 33, both me and my DH have really great jobs and two awesome kids.

Mrs.Missi
by punk rock princess on Oct. 15, 2013 at 5:13 PM
You got to what's best for the baby. Its not all about you anymore. It costs a lot of money to raise a child. Can you support a baby financially? Your young and have the rest of your life ahead of you.
sandra_t00
by ChaChi on Oct. 15, 2013 at 5:15 PM
1 mom liked this
it is YOUR choice what you want to do, just don't be surprised qhen he doesn't want to be there
EntrepeneurMom
by The Major on Oct. 15, 2013 at 5:16 PM
10 moms liked this
Listen to your instincts. I knew I wanted to keep my son the moment I found out. I wasn't thinking about what it meant, I just knew. If you want your baby then no one has the right to force you into adoption.
I was 17 when I was raped by my ex. I thought being a young mum was the end of the world. 3 years on things are better than I could have dreamed of. Men come and go but your kids are forever. Don't let him push you. If he does then you know you're better off alone. Ignore the crazy women on here, some believe unless you're over 25, married and a millionaire you have no business keeping a child. Lots of us know better ;) good luck x
maddiesmommy5
by Gold Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 5:18 PM

No you are not wrong, Ultimately it is your choice to make either way. His choice is whether he will be involved or not. I got pregnant at 18 and had DD at 19 I could not do either as well. Things where rough for a little while but everything has worked out for us and almost 8 yrs later are expecting baby #2. You do what you want to do.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 5:20 PM
2 moms liked this

This. The best thing I ever did was keep my baby when I was pregnant at 17. If you're willing to grow up and work hard, you'll be more than rewarded when it comes to love.

Quoting Anonymous:

Nope, always go with your heart, it will keep you from having so much grief and heartache in the end.

I was 17 when I first got pregnant, had her at 18. It is super hard, takes alot of sacrifice and will not be easy, AT ALL. But you can do it. I am not 33, both me and my DH have really great jobs and two awesome kids.

ButterMeUp
by Butters on Oct. 15, 2013 at 5:25 PM
4 moms liked this

I think you have every right to keep your baby, however I do not think you should force him to support your choice emotionally, physically, or financially. 

You made your choice, let him make his.

*If you read my post and there are mistakes in my spelling or grammar please note that I never learned either in school and I am currently learning them now. If you see a mistake POLITELY point it out and I'll be more than happy to correct my mistake. Here's a fun little siggy for your enjoyment. *

elisesmom922
by Silver Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 5:26 PM

I have been all 3 of these roads at a young age, under 21. They all have their pros and cons if you will. When I was 18, I put my oldest up for adoption, and have no regrets NOW. Right after though, it was really hard.

When I had my abortion, I felt horrible after, b/c I was pressured by the dad b/c  the baby had a deformity. If you are 5mo., you are too far along for this in most places.

I am currently the mom of 3, and pregnant with my 4th. There is nothing wrong with being a young mom, but it IS hard. I went thru school for my CMA while a single young mom, I worked too. It takes alot of work.

Ticker id: NomlLilypie - (ZEi4)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN