Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What is the poorest....

Posted by on Oct. 15, 2013 at 7:19 PM
  • 87 Replies

You have ever been?? We have had to choose between rent and food many times. 

by on Oct. 15, 2013 at 7:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 15, 2013 at 7:20 PM
When we lost our house and had to move in with the inlaws.
lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 7:21 PM

not bad. When we had tough times dh and I both got 2nd jobs. We worked crazy hours but it kept us with our heads above water.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 15, 2013 at 7:22 PM
When we ate ramen noodles every day.....
Seagodess
by Ruby Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 7:22 PM
We had to pick and choose what bills to pay for a little over a year.
AliKatAK47
by Meanie Pants on Oct. 15, 2013 at 7:23 PM

After me and my, now, husband broke up for a year I struggled a bit. It was never to the point where I had to choose between food and shelter or anything (my grandparents owned my last two places of residence) but getting them the rent on time was a hassle. So I got a roomate, and graduated school.  Then I moved half way across the country (I left the house to said room mate) and started a better job.  Everything fell back into place. 

Skybabe
by Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 7:23 PM

Anytime we've had to get food stamps, UGH.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 15, 2013 at 7:24 PM
In college I sold some stuff to pay for gas money. I lived with my parents and at school though. I've never had to sacrifice a basic need.
emt088
by Silver Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 7:24 PM
Probably right after we got married. Dh used to celebrate if he had 50 bucks in the checking account after bills and food... I changed that right quick.
But we've been incredibly lucky. Even after dh lost his job last month, we've been able to keep everything pretty much the way it was when he was working.

Personally, I was poor as fuck when I lived on my own and was single. But that's easy. One meal off the dollar menu at McDonalds was how I lived after paying my bills and getting fuel for the week as an emt
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 15, 2013 at 7:24 PM

Same as you. Bills or food, then when we had the food we sometimes only fed the kids. We didn't eat.

anotherhalf
by on Oct. 15, 2013 at 7:24 PM
Only when I was single/no kids. Slept on the floor of a friends apartment, took the bus to work, couldn't afford a cup of coffee. Just basic food.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN