Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

The way girls dress these days....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 75 Replies
2 moms liked this
I'm very, very far from being conservative. I am probably the most laid back person imaginable. But, there's one thing that gets me every time.

Little girls who are dressed and acting much older than they need to be. I was surprised when I had a customer today who ACTUALLY agreed with me.

She was in the kids' section looking for her daughter when she asked if we carried shoes. I suggested some other stores in the mall as well. She said she'd already looked there but "All they had were high heels. My daughter is NOT that grown."

I have to say, I agree. I have had little girls kissing on my boys and their parents think it's cute. Little girls ARE wearing high heels out, even casually. I've seen little girls at age six wearing padded bras, when they have ZERO boobs. There are little girls wearing makeup in elementary school.

So, what am I missing here? Why are those things normal and cute? Whatever happened to little girls being forced to just be little girls?

[I understand wearing kitten heels around 6+ would be cute for a formal event, not my thing , but I'm not bashing it.]
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 15, 2013 at 9:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alexsmomaubrys2
by Emerald Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 9:12 PM

Where do you live? I have not seen anything like that where I live. 

msalice_21
by Platinum Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 9:13 PM
We were at 6 flags a couole weeks ago and there were 2 teenage girls in seperate groups who had their ass cheeks hanging out. Literally the bottom of their whole cheeks were out. One was with their mother who pulled her shorts down for her as soon as she seen me point that out to her. The mother didnt look like she cared either.
TheDrsRose
by Bad♥Wolf on Oct. 15, 2013 at 9:15 PM
I wore a bra by the time I was 7. >__>
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 15, 2013 at 9:16 PM
I travel a lot. I've seen it in Florida, North Carolina Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Wasington DC, California, Alabama, Texas, Louisiana.

Every where I go, I see little girls acting out and/or wearing inappropriate clothes - ages ranging primarily between 8 - 16.

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

lovemymini
by Emerald Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 9:17 PM
4 moms liked this
I hate the way girls dress now too. I wish people and society would stop sexualizing them. I wish clothing companies provided better and more modest choices too.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 15, 2013 at 9:18 PM
If you have breasts, go for it. I understand stuff happens. But little girls who are slender and don't have a need but wears padding so it appears they have breasts, weird. You see it on Nick and Disney shows too.

Quoting TheDrsRose:

I wore a bra by the time I was 7. >__>

sail-away
by on Oct. 15, 2013 at 9:19 PM
I don't mind heels on ages 14+.

Edit: and if a 13+ year old feels more confident with a padded bra, I say go for it. I'd rather that than make them super insecure. I had small boobs until my senior year. It wasn't fun.
lovemymini
by Emerald Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 9:19 PM
Florida was the worst when we were living there. It's as if people literally forgot to wear clothes everywhere.

Quoting Anonymous:

I travel a lot. I've seen it in Florida, North Carolina Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Wasington DC, California, Alabama, Texas, Louisiana.

Every where I go, I see little girls acting out and/or wearing inappropriate clothes - ages ranging primarily between 8 - 16.

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 15, 2013 at 9:20 PM
I've heard about the struggle to find clothing. I have three boys and a stepdaughter. Unfortunately, her parents are exactly 'those' parents. Smh.

Quoting lovemymini:

I hate the way girls dress now too. I wish people and society would stop sexualizing them. I wish clothing companies provided better and more modest choices too.

Ricanmami88
by Silver Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 9:21 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree not cute when i see girls like that i can't help but stare in disbelief, sometimes and im like how do they get away with it are their parents encouraging them are their moms  supplying the make up and the clothes that they shouldn't wear? bras at six i think i was atleast nine when i wore my first bra. Nothing will ever be the same with todays society. So sad...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN