Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you stay and hang out with his friends?

Posted by on Oct. 15, 2013 at 10:33 PM
  • 123 Replies
1 mom liked this
My husband is watching a soccer game with his buddies and brother in the living room. I'm not the wife that likes to hang around. I got them snacks, put the pizza out, and now I'm in our room hanging out w the baby. Is it so bad that I don't like to be around when the guys are here?

**** To clarify****
I love his friends and family. The guys usually get together once or twice a week here at the house. When they come with their gfs or wives, We hang out as a group, but when the guys come by themselves I let them hang out by themselves. I don't feel like I should be hanging out with them.

****For the ladies that hang around*****
Does your husband or so ever get time with his friends w/out you? Do you feel that you need to stick around, or why would you want to be the only woman in a group of guys?
by on Oct. 15, 2013 at 10:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Tairy-Hesticles
by on Oct. 15, 2013 at 10:45 PM
Bump
KairisMama
by Emerald Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 10:46 PM
1 mom liked this

My DH is not one to have buddies over to watch sports. If he did, I'd be doing my own thing.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 15, 2013 at 10:46 PM
Sure... No... Hmm.. I doubt they care either way
elevator_chaos
by on Oct. 15, 2013 at 10:48 PM

I hang out with the guys because I genuinely enjoy their company, but if you don't that is okay too.

If your husband asks you to spend a bit of time with him and his friends, maybe you should give it a shot. It sucks when someone is led to believe his/her spouse dislikes his/her friends.

Tairy-Hesticles
by on Oct. 15, 2013 at 10:50 PM
I don't know where you got that I don't like them. I just don't think I should be hanging out w them when they are having their guy time. When the wives and gfs come, I gladly entertain and we all hang out. IMO it's just not right.

Quoting elevator_chaos:

I hang out with the guys because I genuinely enjoy their company, but if you don't that is okay too.

If your husband asks you to spend a bit of time with him and his friends, maybe you should give it a shot. It sucks when someone is led to believe his/her spouse dislikes his/her friends.

blondie0234
by Gold Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 10:54 PM
1 mom liked this

Depends on the game I suppose...If it was my niners playing (one of his buddies like them too) Yes I would watch. I even watch his cheifs game with him. Some random couple teams...or another sport I don't like to watch..no I'd find something else to do.

momto1ryen
by Silver Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 10:55 PM
1 mom liked this
I'll do my own thing, buyt I'll visit too.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 15, 2013 at 10:55 PM
1 mom liked this

I watch sports more than my husband so I would be hanging out.

Tairy-Hesticles
by on Oct. 15, 2013 at 11:38 PM
Bump
midnightmooncom
by Silver Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 11:39 PM
Yeah
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)