Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you stay and hang out with his friends?

Posted by on Oct. 15, 2013 at 10:33 PM
  • 123 Replies
1 mom liked this
My husband is watching a soccer game with his buddies and brother in the living room. I'm not the wife that likes to hang around. I got them snacks, put the pizza out, and now I'm in our room hanging out w the baby. Is it so bad that I don't like to be around when the guys are here?

**** To clarify****
I love his friends and family. The guys usually get together once or twice a week here at the house. When they come with their gfs or wives, We hang out as a group, but when the guys come by themselves I let them hang out by themselves. I don't feel like I should be hanging out with them.

****For the ladies that hang around*****
Does your husband or so ever get time with his friends w/out you? Do you feel that you need to stick around, or why would you want to be the only woman in a group of guys?
by on Oct. 15, 2013 at 10:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Tairy-Hesticles
by Bronze Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 10:45 PM
Bump
KairisMama
by Ruby Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 10:46 PM
1 mom liked this

My DH is not one to have buddies over to watch sports. If he did, I'd be doing my own thing.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 15, 2013 at 10:46 PM
Sure... No... Hmm.. I doubt they care either way
elevator_chaos
by on Oct. 15, 2013 at 10:48 PM

I hang out with the guys because I genuinely enjoy their company, but if you don't that is okay too.

If your husband asks you to spend a bit of time with him and his friends, maybe you should give it a shot. It sucks when someone is led to believe his/her spouse dislikes his/her friends.

Tairy-Hesticles
by Bronze Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 10:50 PM
I don't know where you got that I don't like them. I just don't think I should be hanging out w them when they are having their guy time. When the wives and gfs come, I gladly entertain and we all hang out. IMO it's just not right.

Quoting elevator_chaos:

I hang out with the guys because I genuinely enjoy their company, but if you don't that is okay too.

If your husband asks you to spend a bit of time with him and his friends, maybe you should give it a shot. It sucks when someone is led to believe his/her spouse dislikes his/her friends.

blondie0234
by Silver Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 10:54 PM
1 mom liked this

Depends on the game I suppose...If it was my niners playing (one of his buddies like them too) Yes I would watch. I even watch his cheifs game with him. Some random couple teams...or another sport I don't like to watch..no I'd find something else to do.

momto1ryen
by Silver Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 10:55 PM
1 mom liked this
I'll do my own thing, buyt I'll visit too.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 15, 2013 at 10:55 PM
1 mom liked this

I watch sports more than my husband so I would be hanging out.

Tairy-Hesticles
by Bronze Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 11:38 PM
Bump
midnightmooncom
by Silver Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 11:39 PM
Yeah
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured