Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Poll: What role did your dad play in your childhood and have you ever been married?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 126 Replies

Poll

Question: What role did your dad play in your childhood and have you ever been married? I...

Options:

Am/Have been married and my parents are still together/parted at death

Am/Have been married and my parents didn't stay together, but my dad played an active role

Am/Have been married and my dad was barely around

Am/Have been married and I have no memories of my dad/never knew my dad

Never married and my parents are still together/parted at death

Never married and my parents didn't stay together, but my dad played an active role

Never married and my dad was barely around

Never married and I have no memories of my dad/never knew my dad

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 262

View Results

* Bio-fathers or adoptive fathers only please.  Steps only count if they legally adopted you for this poll.

PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO BUMP AFTER VOTING!

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 15, 2013 at 10:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LadyAmaranth
by on Oct. 15, 2013 at 11:03 PM

My parents separated /divorced the year I graduated high school. Dad was around but he wasn't overly active. Our activities consisted of movies or tv watching lol.

I was Married, happily, til he died this Spring.

Maks1mommy
by Ruby Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 11:03 PM

I am currently married, and I saw my dad every other weekend from 8 to 12, since then I've seen him maybe 2 a year.

EAzizM
by Erica on Oct. 15, 2013 at 11:04 PM
1 mom liked this
My dad was emotionally absent while growing up. He was also in prison. I an married...to someone who is opposite of him. Thank God.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 15, 2013 at 11:05 PM
1 mom liked this

My real father was killed  when I was only a few months old. My mother remarried when I when I was between 1 and 2 and my dad adopted me around my 2nd birthday. When I was 16, he called my mom on the phone one day said he no longer loved her, no longer wanted the responsibility of children and asked her to fly to Reno to sign divorce papers. He then married the woman  he left my mother for, they have their family and I have not seen or heard from him in 28 years. Both my brother and I tried to reach out right after the divorce, and a few times through the years. Contact was rejected, at this point as far as I'm concerned my father died 28 years ago.

I've been married for 21 years.

danandsamsmom
by Silver Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 11:05 PM
1 mom liked this

My parents married at the ages of 17 and 21 and are still married to each other at the ages of 72 and 76.  I am 42 and have been married for fifteen years.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 15, 2013 at 11:05 PM

I'm so sorry to hear that you lost your DH :-(

Quoting LadyAmaranth:

My parents separated /divorced the year I graduated high school. Dad was around but he wasn't overly active. Our activities consisted of movies or tv watching lol.

I was Married, happily, til he died this Spring.

Hannahluvsdogs
by Ruby Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 11:05 PM
1 mom liked this

My dad was there but his presence wasn't usually a good thing, especially as I got older. He was emotionally abusive.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 15, 2013 at 11:07 PM

my parents were together throughout my childhood, but my mom passed away 18 yrs ago.  I am married, 20 yrs now. 

Diatech12
by Gold Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 11:07 PM
I've been married for 6yrs

My parents were married for 2yrs. My dad was in and out an I told him I would not come to his "house" anymore when I was about 12 due to living conditions.
I haven't seen him in 6yrs and haven't heard from him in 4.
Ber-Lynn
by Count Me In on Oct. 15, 2013 at 11:08 PM
My dad was in my life and I am married. My parents separated when I was 3.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)