Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Speaking of tacky baby showers....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 72 Replies

Is it tacky to have a baby shower for a 3rd baby (moms 3rd baby Dads 1st baby) if you only had one for the first and it was a different sex....10 years ago?

Would it be tacky for your DH to throw it for you or would you just have to hope a friend offered to throw you one?

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 16, 2013 at 1:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bluebunnybabe
by Ruby Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 1:06 AM
2 moms liked this
I don't think it's tacky to have one in that situation but IMO it should be a friend throwing it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 16, 2013 at 1:06 AM

bump

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Oct. 16, 2013 at 1:08 AM
2 moms liked this

Growing up in my area/social circle it is unheard of to have a shower for any baby except your first, no matter what the circumstance. I never knew people did this until CM.

Cherriemama831
by on Oct. 16, 2013 at 1:08 AM
2 moms liked this

i dont think its tacky each baby is a celebration and should be celebrated especially 10 years later no one expects you to have baby stuff anymore . as for ur husband to throw it for you im not sure i know now a days men are included in baby showers but im sure a family member or friend would throw one for you maybe the husband can ask one of his female family members to throw one

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 16, 2013 at 1:08 AM

Would it be tacky if DH asked a friend to help throw one?

Quoting bluebunnybabe:

I don't think it's tacky to have one in that situation but IMO it should be a friend throwing it.

mistie900
by Gold Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 1:08 AM
I don't think second or third baby showers are tacky so I wouldn't think this was. Especially with such a huge age difference. My youngest is 5 and I don't have any baby stuff anymore. I gave it all away to family members that needed it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 16, 2013 at 1:09 AM

What if its dads first?

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

Growing up in my area/social circle it is unheard of to have a shower for any baby except your first, no matter what the circumstance. I never knew people did this until CM.

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Oct. 16, 2013 at 1:11 AM

I know plenty of people who remarried and was having the husbands first. Still didn't do it, IDK why, that is the way it is. And guys being at showers? Unheard of.

Quoting Anonymous:

What if its dads first?

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

Redcodex
by on Oct. 16, 2013 at 1:11 AM
7 moms liked this
You know, I think every baby deserves a party and *I* wouldn't think it was tacky for even babies of the same gender born relatively close together to get their own shower. I really dislike the social standards regarding this stuff. If a relative or friend has a baby, I'm going to get them presents anyway, why not get to attend a cute little party too? However, this is not a popular opinion in my understanding.
DropZoneMom
by on Oct. 16, 2013 at 1:12 AM
1 mom liked this

NOT tacky to have one, since the first one was 10 years ago (and it's a second marriage).   But it IS tacky for the hubby to throw it; it should never be immediate family (spouse or parent/in-law).   A sibling or sibling-in-law would be good.   Friend would be best.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)