Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Afraid my marriage will be over soon... explanation on page 4

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 148 Replies

My husband and I have been married for 13 years. I am in love with him and he is in love with me. We have three sons and a set of twin dds together. During this last pregnancy we made a decision together, if I went natural and did not require an emergency c-section my dh would get fixed soon after the birth. If I needed a c-section if would get my tubes tied. Everything went without a hitch. So now my dh is looking into a vasectomy.

He has a counseling appt for Thursday. At first I was thinking this was a good idea. However my father in law has told us for years it is a bad idea. He was done and suffered lack of desire for sex. He still suffers from it. I began doing research yesterday and came to a website about it. Suffice it to say my fil is not the only one suffering.

They say it is all psychological but many men disagree. My husband asked well what in the heck are we going to use? I suggest condoms and the mini pill and he was like riiiiiight.... I found a new procedure where they inject the scrotum sacks with a substance that kills the sperm but it is in clinical trials in India and trials in the US do not even start until next year.

Honestly I am terrified my dh will lose interest. I am a very sexual being and cannot live without it for very long. And, (I won't admit it but) I find it gross. I may lose interest. I think of a neutered dog when I think about it... I think we are going to end up divorcing. And my dh wants it done, in this state he does not need my permission and I have voiced my concerns about him losing interest and it doesn't sway him.

So sadly, we will probably be over soon. :(

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 16, 2013 at 1:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
eykelley
by Gold Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 1:13 AM
3 moms liked this
If ur marriage of 13 years is over becuz of sex... then u didn't marry for the right reasons to start with.

I've been separated for 4 months. I don't get sex often from dh (when he visits), but I don't plan on divorcing him becuz of it. I LOVE him. I married him for life, not sex.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 16, 2013 at 1:13 AM
Bump
Miller0305
by Platinum Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 1:13 AM
4 moms liked this
Are you always so dramatic?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Oct. 16, 2013 at 1:14 AM
1 mom liked this

So if he changed his mind why not look in to getting your tubes tied? Things changed.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 16, 2013 at 1:15 AM

They have birth control that can go in your arm to help you not get pregnant and it can last 7 years have you looked into that .I can't believe you would leave your husband over something so stupid .I guess your marriage does not mean that much to you if your willing to leave over something like this

pinkysmommy720
by Silver Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 1:15 AM
2 moms liked this

Live without it?? Are you serious?? What would happen if your husband had a terrible accident and was unable to do anything in that area, would you leave him?? Just because your FIL has a reduced sex drive, doesn't mean your husband will.  Marriage isn't all about sex either.  I have been married for almost 17 years and my husband and I can go months because we are tired, busy, or just not in the mood. It is called LIFE.  We still love each other with our without it because we find other ways to be intimate besides sex.

KTU
by Kim on Oct. 16, 2013 at 1:16 AM
Seriously?
bmw29
by spitfire_bobbie on Oct. 16, 2013 at 1:16 AM
1 mom liked this
Dh has had a vasectomy. There is absolutely zero difference except now he's shooting blanks. It's fucking awesome.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 16, 2013 at 1:18 AM
1 mom liked this
They aren't cutting his balls off like a dog.... He will still ejaculate just like always. There's nothing different other than no more swimmers mixed in.
Fatal_Frost
by on Oct. 16, 2013 at 1:19 AM
1 mom liked this
My dh got the big V after I had my twins 5 yrs ago... there is absolutely NOTHING DIFFERENT about sex except that THANKFULLY I dont have to worry about spitting out another set of multiples... I find your fears highly over dramatic and selfish... and dumb
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)