Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

working moms with a SAHD

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies
Just out of curiosity, how many of you working moms have a dh that stays home and are still expected to come home and cook and clean?
So many posts regarding being a SAHM and doing everything around the house I just thought I'd ask.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 16, 2013 at 6:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommyinindiana
by on Oct. 16, 2013 at 6:11 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 16, 2013 at 6:17 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 16, 2013 at 6:19 AM

At one point, he was the SAHD, and I was the working parent.  I worked full-time and was in college part time.   I clearly remember him bitching at me about not helping out more around the house.   Our house was way smaller back then (thus, easier to clean), and we only had 1 very easy to manage child.  Now that he's the working parent, I do everything without complaining.  Sounds fair right?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 16, 2013 at 6:20 AM
I did when I worked at he was a sahd. He was cut out for it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 16, 2013 at 6:23 AM
Of course its fair! Lol

Quoting Anonymous:

At one point, he was the SAHD, and I was the working parent.  I worked full-time and was in college part time.   I clearly remember him bitching at me about not helping out more around the house.   Our house was way smaller back then (thus, easier to clean), and we only had 1 very easy to manage child.  Now that he's the working parent, I do everything without complaining.  Sounds fair right?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 16, 2013 at 6:24 AM
1 mom liked this
I would have liked my SO to be a SAHD but he did not want to be. I have the better job(nurse) that pays more, and im the one who ended up staying home. booo!!! If I would have stayed working, I would be making 5 more dollars an hour than what he is making. BUT one of us had to stay home with baby, but baby is now 5 years old. We are currently trying for #2. Maybe I can get him to change his mind this time.
chicklopez
by on Oct. 16, 2013 at 6:33 AM

when I was working and SO was staying at home, he had the place spotless, dishes done, kids well kept. I did cook, but thats because I love to cook. Sometimes if Id had a particularly rough day Id ask him to cook something quick. (tacos, spaghetti)

The only thing different, is when he's working I still ask him to do the dishes.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 16, 2013 at 6:40 AM
My dh is pretty good, I wouldn't say spotless but I can deal with it.

Quoting chicklopez:

when I was working and SO was staying at home, he had the place spotless, dishes done, kids well kept. I did cook, but thats because I love to cook. Sometimes if Id had a particularly rough day Id ask him to cook something quick. (tacos, spaghetti)

The only thing different, is when he's working I still ask him to do the dishes.

illogicalkat
by Bronze Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 6:45 AM

DH does 80% of the cooking and 10% of the cleaning. I do the rest, and as soon as I get home I'm the only one taking care of our son. He doesn't even change a diaper on the weekend.

Since our roles will reverse in the future (planned for this together), I've warned him that he will still be expected to help.

ShellLea
by Silver Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 6:48 AM

Hubby and I did that for two years. I did most of the cooking, as always, because DH only has a few meals he's good at making. He did the majority of the housework and I helped out when I got home, just like he did when I was the one at home. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN