Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Your Precious snowflake

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 215 Replies
1 mom liked this

Just wondering if you let your kids stand in the rain at the bus stop or not. My son is a walker and i walk with him to and from school almost every day (if we're running late or i have to go somewhere around pickup/drop off time i'll drive, but generally we just walk. it's not far). I noticed there was more traffic than usual today and it's rainy and gross outside. For some reason the number of drivers increases a ton when the weather is crappy, and the crossing guard mentioned it to me too that nobody wants to stand in the rain at the bus stop lol. 

do you do it?

For the record, i'm not talking downpour with hurricaine winds and lightning ... i'm talking a drizzle. or even a steady rain. if i felt walking (or standing at the bus stop for 10 min) was unsafe, i'd do the same thing.

Adding on: i'm glad you're all sharing your different circumstances as to why you prefer driving. I only posted this cause i got curious about the traffic flow... I'm seriously laughing at the ones who are getting all upset over the snowflake thing. it's an attention grabber and apparently it worked, as this is the longest any of my posts have ever gone. (thanks for that, even you who hate the term!) AND it's my first time ever being called a troll. i'm seriously touched here...

We all have different circumstances and different upbringings that cause us to make the choices we do, so cool. Do what you do. I'm not pointing any fingers.

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 16, 2013 at 8:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 16, 2013 at 8:26 AM

Why do you care ? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 16, 2013 at 8:27 AM

Oh, and my "snowflakes" are grown up.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 16, 2013 at 8:27 AM
2 moms liked this
Yeah. We like lightning. It's fun to try and dodge getting struck.
LucyMom08
by BS Intolerant on Oct. 16, 2013 at 8:27 AM
We walk...drive if it's raining...

My snowflake won't melt, though ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Katkinson
by Silver Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 8:28 AM

yup. 

suzanneyea
by Ruby Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 8:28 AM

The bus picks him up in front of our house. He just goes outside a minute or two before the bus.

kristen0812
by Platinum Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 8:29 AM
1 mom liked this
My daughters school is 3 blocks away so we always walk. Unless it's a torrential downpour or really snowy, we walk.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 16, 2013 at 8:29 AM
12 moms liked this

Why would I want my child to stand out in the rain if I am available to drive him/her? I think that would make me a pretty shitty mom.

sugareemommee
by Platinum Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 8:30 AM
We don't have a bus- but yes I drive my snowflake so I don't have to walk him a newborn and a 2 year old in the rain.
Hoppers33
by Gold Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 8:31 AM
I drive mine anyway, but I don't think I'd make them stand in the rain if they rode the bus.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)