Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Your Precious snowflake

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Just wondering if you let your kids stand in the rain at the bus stop or not. My son is a walker and i walk with him to and from school almost every day (if we're running late or i have to go somewhere around pickup/drop off time i'll drive, but generally we just walk. it's not far). I noticed there was more traffic than usual today and it's rainy and gross outside. For some reason the number of drivers increases a ton when the weather is crappy, and the crossing guard mentioned it to me too that nobody wants to stand in the rain at the bus stop lol. 

do you do it?

For the record, i'm not talking downpour with hurricaine winds and lightning ... i'm talking a drizzle. or even a steady rain. if i felt walking (or standing at the bus stop for 10 min) was unsafe, i'd do the same thing.

Adding on: i'm glad you're all sharing your different circumstances as to why you prefer driving. I only posted this cause i got curious about the traffic flow... I'm seriously laughing at the ones who are getting all upset over the snowflake thing. it's an attention grabber and apparently it worked, as this is the longest any of my posts have ever gone. (thanks for that, even you who hate the term!) AND it's my first time ever being called a troll. i'm seriously touched here...

We all have different circumstances and different upbringings that cause us to make the choices we do, so cool. Do what you do. I'm not pointing any fingers.

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 16, 2013 at 8:25 AM
Replies (211-215):
beerabitch69
by on Oct. 18, 2013 at 9:27 AM

The bus picks up at my house so they don't need to walk or stand anywhere.  

But they would. They wouldn't like it and probably think they were dying.

DarylNVannasMom
by on Oct. 18, 2013 at 9:30 AM

I noticed it a few days ago when it rained here. I drop my son off, every day, park and walk inside...he doesn't have the option for a bus, even if he did, it's his first year of school and I want to ease the transition (he isn't doing as well as other kids).

I always drive the VanDozer though (our big truck) because my car seems to scream "Cut me off! Please! It turns me on!" or something, idk. 

Lauriemom
by Platinum Member on Oct. 18, 2013 at 3:35 PM
The title and tone of your post is very accusatory. I don't think you were just wondering, I think you were critical of parents who do this.

Quoting Anonymous:

i don't "care" necessarily ...just wanted to pose a question to find views different from mine i guess? I grew up using an umbrella or putting on heavy winter coats to keep warm for bad weather. my parents would ONLY drive us if for some reason we missed our bus.

So many more parents drive when it's wet and that creates so much more traffic into the tiny school parking lot. i've been tempted to drive on rainy days, but i don't want to fight all the traffic so we just keep going out in the rain. I just wondered, that's all. same reason anybody posts anything on this site lol

Quoting Lauriemom:

My kids take the bus, but I would drive them if they did not. Why do you care?

Andreaaa81
by on Oct. 18, 2013 at 4:01 PM

Ha! I live in the desert. It rains ONCE a year and they call off school for that one day. It is awesome!

anonymouss
by Aquamarine Member on Oct. 18, 2013 at 4:03 PM
My kids are allergic to rain, so we drive, no umbrellas allowed in our house.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN