Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Your Precious snowflake

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Just wondering if you let your kids stand in the rain at the bus stop or not. My son is a walker and i walk with him to and from school almost every day (if we're running late or i have to go somewhere around pickup/drop off time i'll drive, but generally we just walk. it's not far). I noticed there was more traffic than usual today and it's rainy and gross outside. For some reason the number of drivers increases a ton when the weather is crappy, and the crossing guard mentioned it to me too that nobody wants to stand in the rain at the bus stop lol. 

do you do it?

For the record, i'm not talking downpour with hurricaine winds and lightning ... i'm talking a drizzle. or even a steady rain. if i felt walking (or standing at the bus stop for 10 min) was unsafe, i'd do the same thing.

Adding on: i'm glad you're all sharing your different circumstances as to why you prefer driving. I only posted this cause i got curious about the traffic flow... I'm seriously laughing at the ones who are getting all upset over the snowflake thing. it's an attention grabber and apparently it worked, as this is the longest any of my posts have ever gone. (thanks for that, even you who hate the term!) AND it's my first time ever being called a troll. i'm seriously touched here...

We all have different circumstances and different upbringings that cause us to make the choices we do, so cool. Do what you do. I'm not pointing any fingers.

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 16, 2013 at 8:25 AM
Replies (31-40):
ddhb2007
by Silver Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 8:41 AM

She's not going to melt, so, yes, she waits for the bus outside.

mommyfesha
by monster on Oct. 16, 2013 at 8:41 AM
They have umbrellas for the walk to the bus stop. It's only two houses up from us.
PoisonEyeV
by ☆ No Ragrets ☆ on Oct. 16, 2013 at 8:42 AM

Why would I MAKE my kid stand in the rain when I have the option to 'shelter' them in a vehicle to prevent them from sitting in wet, soaking clothes all day at school? Sorry, I don't consider that 'snowflake-like'...just common sense.

mstricey
by Gold Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 8:43 AM
I drive my kid to school everyday. It's a 3 mile walk that I'm not doing. We do play in the rain though if it isn't storming.
notjstasocermom
by Emerald Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 8:43 AM

none of my kids ride the bus, two walk yes even if its raining, they won't melt

Pink.Sunshine.
by on Oct. 16, 2013 at 8:44 AM

My snowflakes carry umbrellas but we don't do the school bus thang anyhow.

zianneaaliyah
by 4ever LMFAO on Oct. 16, 2013 at 8:44 AM

No, we wait in the car until the bus comes if it's raining crazy. 

Rockabella
by Gold Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 8:45 AM
My snowflake stands on our porch until we see the bus then goes to the driveway. Bus picks her up right in front of the house. I don't want her wearing soaked clothes all day from rain
blessed107
by Platinum Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 8:46 AM

It depends on how badly it is raining.

texasgirl77
by Gold Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 8:47 AM
The bus stops at individual houses here ( we live in the country) so my kids just stand under our carport til the bus stops. If it's lightning they wait inside and hope the bus stops lol. We get dangerous lightning storms here so no they won't be outside in that.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)