Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Your Precious snowflake

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Just wondering if you let your kids stand in the rain at the bus stop or not. My son is a walker and i walk with him to and from school almost every day (if we're running late or i have to go somewhere around pickup/drop off time i'll drive, but generally we just walk. it's not far). I noticed there was more traffic than usual today and it's rainy and gross outside. For some reason the number of drivers increases a ton when the weather is crappy, and the crossing guard mentioned it to me too that nobody wants to stand in the rain at the bus stop lol. 

do you do it?

For the record, i'm not talking downpour with hurricaine winds and lightning ... i'm talking a drizzle. or even a steady rain. if i felt walking (or standing at the bus stop for 10 min) was unsafe, i'd do the same thing.

Adding on: i'm glad you're all sharing your different circumstances as to why you prefer driving. I only posted this cause i got curious about the traffic flow... I'm seriously laughing at the ones who are getting all upset over the snowflake thing. it's an attention grabber and apparently it worked, as this is the longest any of my posts have ever gone. (thanks for that, even you who hate the term!) AND it's my first time ever being called a troll. i'm seriously touched here...

We all have different circumstances and different upbringings that cause us to make the choices we do, so cool. Do what you do. I'm not pointing any fingers.

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 16, 2013 at 8:25 AM
Replies (41-50):
heidi749
by Canadian on Oct. 16, 2013 at 8:49 AM
1 mom liked this

Hell no, my precious little snow flake will not melt, he can stand out with this lovely invention called rain boots, a rain coat and a umbrella, just like he stands out when it is -20 and snowing, he wears the appropriate clothes for the type of weather.......... I walk or bike to work, rain or snow.......

Miranda1127
by Platinum Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 8:50 AM

we have umbrellas

Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Oct. 16, 2013 at 8:50 AM
Do I make my kid wait for the bus in the rain? No. She waits in the house or the garage until the bus pulls up and then goes out.
jessi2girls
by Ruby Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 8:52 AM

Our bus stops right in front of our house.. so it's really not a big deal to walk from our front porch, to the bus. lol. One of the bonuses I guess to living in the country.   

On days that it's raining I do walk her to the bus with an umbrella over her head though.

rmfanfgljf
by Platinum Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 8:53 AM
I drive my kids to and from school everyday, today is a bit cold and really wet outside, with heavy downpour at times, it was a bit weird leaving home because it was like a ghost town this morning......not a whole lot of drivers and kinda dark.
LadyAmaranth
by on Oct. 16, 2013 at 8:56 AM

They walk. They have hoods on coats so they're fine.

If they did bus stop it'd be the same.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 16, 2013 at 8:57 AM

This is us too. we're farther than 2 blocks but still not a big deal. Got a good umbrella so we're good.

Quoting thetrollcat:

my lil one walks to school its only two blocks.... so ya we walk in the rain, snow, blizzard, fleet,....

Teeshann
by Platinum Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 8:58 AM
So not letting your child stand out in the rain and get soaked makes them a snowflake?. Just ridiculous. No I don't let my children stand out in the rain. We are also right across from the bus stop so they can watch from the window and go when they see the bus down the street. If its just a little rain they wear a rain coatbut if its poaring they stay inside.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 16, 2013 at 8:59 AM

yeah today was really eerily dark here too. still is actually. it's one of those days you don't wanna get up and moving cause it still feels like the middle of the night lol

Quoting rmfanfgljf:

I drive my kids to and from school everyday, today is a bit cold and really wet outside, with heavy downpour at times, it was a bit weird leaving home because it was like a ghost town this morning......not a whole lot of drivers and kinda dark.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 16, 2013 at 9:00 AM

Why do i care? why does anybody care about anything on this website?? it's just a question. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Why do you care ? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN