Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

EDITED(PICS ON PAGE 5)~ Help dressing a 6 year old girl

Posted by on Oct. 16, 2013 at 8:28 AM
  • 70 Replies
My DD is 6 (just turned 6 in August) and I am having the hardest time finding jeans for her. It's always been a challenge finding clothes to fit her but this year it has so far been impossible!

DD is VERY small in the waist but she has ridiculously long legs. Let me try to give you an example so you can visualize what I mean. Her waist, she can fit in a 2-3T & her leg length, I would say about a 7, but that only includes length because a 7 is extremely baggy, everywhere on her. If I get a size 7 with the adjustable waist, adjust them as much as possible and put them on her, first of all they still aren't snug enough to her waist for her to wear them, and it pretty much looks like she's a walking skeleton or like I've blown her pants full of air(because you can't see anything but big roomy jeans). I'm trying to think of another way to describe this but I can't think of anything so I hope it's easy to grasp what I mean.

I would love to find some jeans that fit her good, in every way. She can fit into a size 4-5 waist if they're adjustable. And after a few washes/dries they fit her pretty good, other than the length. It will look like she's wearing capris. She's VERY much a girly girl, she is very much into her clothes (she picks her own outfits out & I always make sure she's with me before I buy her clothes because she's SO picky) and I want her to have jeans that fit her properly. I am tall and I know how much it sucks, especially as a kid, when all of your jeans are either a few inches too short or they look super baggy all over.

Has anyone else ever had this problem or have any suggestions?
by on Oct. 16, 2013 at 8:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LucyMom08
by BS Intolerant on Oct. 16, 2013 at 8:31 AM
1 mom liked this
Lucky brand...they're amazing!

I have the same problem with both girls, but YDD has it the worst...

Lucky fits like they were tailor made, haha...

Also, try slim sizes...my oldest can wear a 6slim, and the length is good without being horribly baggy...and we call the baggy ones 'diaper pants', it looks like they're saving room for a diaper, haha...

And now that it's getting colder, boots are great...they hide the too short jeans :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Katkinson
by Silver Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 8:32 AM
1 mom liked this

skinny jeans in a size 6.  they may be a little baggy and a little short, but get her some killer boots to wear with them.  Also, think about getting some of the size 7 pants tailored to fit her.  HTH

emsmom627
by Bronze Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 8:32 AM

get slim fit jean.  they are also adjustable.  you can always get her skinny jeans or the legging jeans. 

cr0chet-momma
by on Oct. 16, 2013 at 8:32 AM
Buy her clothes for the length she need and have them taken in at the waist
TeamWillis06
by Bronze Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 8:32 AM
My daughter is the same way. She wears 3-4t underware but needs a 7 length in pants but when you tighten the straps it makes her pants all lumpy like she is wearing a droopy diaper. I have to buy Levi Slims. They are still big in waist but nearly as bad as the regulars. Or sometimes boy jeans.
lilmoosesmom
by Cat on Oct. 16, 2013 at 8:36 AM
1 mom liked this

Old Navy. So Far they are the ones that fit my son who has issues like your daughter the best. And aren't to pricey either. Look for Slim  sizes. 

supergasper
by Gold Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 8:37 AM

My dd is built the same way.  Her best-fitting jeans ever were the super skinny fit from the Gap.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 16, 2013 at 8:39 AM
Old navy! My dd is the same way and 5 (6 in December) We buy Old Navy size 5 and the cut fits the best and in length.
Wendi2247
by Gold Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 8:42 AM
I definitely always have to get slims and I totally use the boot trick, which definitely helps.

Where do you buy lucky brand jeans, for kids? I have a pair of Lucky Brand jeans for myself but they were given to me so I have no idea where to buy them. I think I've seen a few pair of Lucky Brand jeans in kids sizes when I was looking at Once Upon a Child or Goodwill. I always try to look at places like that for clothes, just because they grow so fast so I don't want to spend a bunch of money on stuff she won't be able to fit in for very long, but it's pretty much impossible to find jeans for DD at places like that because they've been washed & worn so much and they're all shrunk up. :-(

It's nice to know that other people have been able to find a solution to this problem. Thanks so much for your input!

Quoting LucyMom08:

Lucky brand...they're amazing!

I have the same problem with both girls, but YDD has it the worst...

Lucky fits like they were tailor made, haha...

Also, try slim sizes...my oldest can wear a 6slim, and the length is good without being horribly baggy...and we call the baggy ones 'diaper pants', it looks like they're saving room for a diaper, haha...

And now that it's getting colder, boots are great...they hide the too short jeans :)
Rockabella
by Gold Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 8:43 AM
Cherokee jeggings from target
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN