Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

***Edit***How do you work 40 hours and get everything else done?

Posted by on Oct. 16, 2013 at 1:00 PM
  • 105 Replies

I work part time from home but keep busy the rest of the time. Today I went to the gym, grocery store, stripped beds/washed sheets, and did more laundry. Yesterday I did a lot of cleaning. In between I work as a freelance writer. I wouldn't have the energy to work all day then do all the housework at night! I drop my youngest at school at 8:45 and pick him up at 3:15, so that cuts my day short.

I especially applaud you single working moms. (I don't know how my mom did it!)

by on Oct. 16, 2013 at 1:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Supervane
by Ruby Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 1:02 PM
I always had a house keeper when I worked full time, and a sitter. Oh and dinner and groceries often got delivered. That's how I was able to do it
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 16, 2013 at 1:04 PM
2 moms liked this
Daycare and hiring a cleaner. Women who claim they do everything a full time mom does and work 40 hours a week are deluding themselves.
Brandyns87
by Gold Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 1:05 PM

I stay up late, after the kids are in bed, and do all the housework then. I don't get much sleep. I was just complaining about how exhausted I am. I don't work out, but wanted to start working out at night, after I do the housework. I'm hoping that gives me more energy, despite the fact that I'll be up even later.

Mrs-Somerhalder
by Blake on Oct. 16, 2013 at 1:05 PM

I am very tired a lot lol

I just have to do it or else it wont get done.

nerdymom28
by Ruby Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 1:07 PM

I work Monday-Friday so I do most of my housework and laundry on the weekends. I keep things tidy and clean up any major messes during the week, but the actual cleaning like washing windows, cleaning bathrooms, dusting and mopping and stuff like that usually happens on Saturday. And then Sunday is laundry day.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 16, 2013 at 1:08 PM
I do and it helps to have the kids load and unload the dishwasher for me. I do laundry at night
baquick
by Ruby Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 1:08 PM
1 mom liked this
Very little sleep and an amazing husband.
aimesnyc
by on Oct. 16, 2013 at 1:08 PM

I don't. lol.  My apt is rarely clean (by SAHM standards), I can only do laundry every two weeks because we have to go to the laundromat, and I make meals stretch like no tomorrow.  Our spare room is a point of embarassment for me.  My husband spends a lot of time in there on the computer, so the mess is his fault.  Trying to get him to clean it up is like pulling teeth. 

dbush0584
by Platinum Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 1:10 PM

My kids school starts at 7:45.  I get to work at 8.  I work till 5.  they get picked up by SO at 4:15 so they're only in after school care for 30 minutes.  I get home and do homework, then make dinner, pick up while I make dinner.  Start clothes at that time too.  We grocery shop on before football on Sunday, heavy clean on Sunday morning while the girls are at church, and wash all sheets and towels Sunday while football is on (halftime and such...thank god for TVo).  Then I shower and study after they go to bed at 9 till I go to bed about midnight/1.

Oh, AND my girls have Girl schouts AND dance.

dbush0584
by Platinum Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 1:11 PM
4 moms liked this

School...not daycare and no cleaning lady.  Women that like to act like some women cant do it are deluding themselves.  It take discipline and scheduling but it's done.

Quoting Anonymous:

Daycare and hiring a cleaner. Women who claim they do everything a full time mom does and work 40 hours a week are deluding themselves.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured