Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What is truly MOST important?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 167 Replies
5 moms liked this
Cable? Internet? Smartphones? A big house? A swimming pool? Your children? Your husband? Your extended family?

Some of you women think just because your family makes good money, that you are better than someone else. You're not.

People don't realize what's most important. Family is most important. Who cares about the rest. Good for you, you make so much you can afford the extras. My family and I don't need them. We do just fine with no cable and internet, simple phones, a public pool and our tiny apartment. We live within our means and we are proud of what we have, each other. We don't need more than that.

You are no better than us because you have nicer things, a bigger house with all the extras. We have a happy marriage, kids who are loved and are loving, family time, and just plain happiness.

Most times I think the people who live in those fancy houses are unhappy, they lose the true meaning of life. It's all about the materialistic things. Not all, but some.

Marriage isn't something they find important, and they don't take care of it, but their tv that was broken is replaces with a new one.

Go anon if you have to, but truly and honestly, what is most important in your life? Step back and really focus on what you spend most of your time worrying about or doing. Is it your kids and husband like it should be?
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 16, 2013 at 3:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 16, 2013 at 3:10 PM

I completely agree!

crysiann
by Platinum Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 3:12 PM
For me, yes, what truly matters to me is my dh and ss.
vicky86
by on Oct. 16, 2013 at 3:12 PM
1 mom liked this

my hubby, daughter and friends are most important to me. we dont have satelite or internet or smart phones and we still get by. it gives you family time and movie nights :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 16, 2013 at 3:12 PM
I think it's sad. I probably won't get many honest answers on here. I wonder how many truly value their family more than their stuff.

Quoting Anonymous:

I completely agree!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 16, 2013 at 3:13 PM

absolutely dh and ds...above everything and everyone, they are what is most important and most cherished.

mojogirl
by Alice Liddell on Oct. 16, 2013 at 3:13 PM
3 moms liked this

a well fitting bra

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 16, 2013 at 3:14 PM
My kids are always the only ones outside playing, and when there are other kids, there is no parent in sight. If less homes had cable, more kids would be outside, and maybe more parents would be out there making memories with their children.

Quoting vicky86:

my hubby, daughter and friends are most important to me. we dont have satelite or internet or smart phones and we still get by. it gives you family time and movie nights :)

venessaw04
by Bronze Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 3:16 PM

Would be my family as long as there is a roof over our heads food on our table and clothes on our back is what is most important.  We have been without cable and internet for almost 2 years.  Yes it suck but its not a necessity.  I do make good money but am also the sole financial supporter.  We have a 2300sq ft home with 4 bd but we also have 7 kids under our roof but if it was necessary to down grade so be it.  we would make it work eitehr way.  im not materialistic at all but do enjoy the extras if we can afford it. 

handy0318
by Platinum Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 3:18 PM

Yep... I agree with your theme here as well.

In my 52 years, I've been through the spectrum very comfortable, to stretching to make ends meet, to down and out poor...  but, I've always considered myself a very rich person when it comes to being loved, having a tight family and good friends and knowing there are those I can count on in life.

Right now, I feel blessed beyond measure, even though dh and I are struggling financially.

I'm blessed because I have two teenage kids, dd 16 and ds 13, who already show that they are people of good character and are contributing members of society. After years of being single, then not being able to have kids naturally... when I sit here at this computer and see my dd figuring out the current prices for goats in order to run her own business properly and my ds writing out a story for kids based upon a childhood experience for school... yep, I KNOW I'm blessed far more than any thing that money purchases.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 16, 2013 at 3:18 PM
My family. Especially over these past few years with my mother being ill.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)