Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

trying to clean

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies
Me and ds share a room... and I cannot, for the life of me, get this room clean. It's always cluttered and I hate it. Help. :-(
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 16, 2013 at 10:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CuriousArentYa
by on Oct. 16, 2013 at 10:09 PM

My husbands and mine bedroom is the same way. It is small and we have a ton of furniture in there not to mention a built in bookcase. We are getting ready to paint and I am dreading it. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 16, 2013 at 10:11 PM
Maybe there's too much stuff in it? If you haven't used it in 6 months box it up. What the biggest mess? Toys clothes book?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 16, 2013 at 10:17 PM
I couldn't even image sharing a room with one of my kids! I would go nuts! We have way to much stuff as it is! I have a 3 bd house and I have trouble cleaning mostly picking up after my kids!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 16, 2013 at 10:17 PM
All of it. Lol

Right now, it's the bookshelf, which hooks books and his Legos. In front of that, is the Lego table.

We have the bed riser things under each of our beds, with stuff under it.

I'm just so sick of it all.

I think I'm gonna do a quick pick up right now and tomorrow, tear through all of it.

Quoting Anonymous:

Maybe there's too much stuff in it? If you haven't used it in 6 months box it up. What the biggest mess? Toys clothes book?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 16, 2013 at 10:19 PM
I say get rid of stuff, this is the only way to stay on top of clutter.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 16, 2013 at 10:24 PM
I plan on it. I just have no idea what to get rid of.

Quoting Anonymous:

I say get rid of stuff, this is the only way to stay on top of clutter.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 16, 2013 at 10:25 PM
I'm already in nutsville. Lol

He just had a birthday and we just came back from a week long vacation... so I'm sure I'm just feeling really overwhelmed right now... but looking around, I'm just ready to trash everything!

Quoting Anonymous:

I couldn't even image sharing a room with one of my kids! I would go nuts! We have way to much stuff as it is! I have a 3 bd house and I have trouble cleaning mostly picking up after my kids!
texasgirl77
by Platinum Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 10:31 PM
How old is he? I share a room with my 9yo daughter and I go through her stuff with her twice a year (once at Christmas and once in June). We have a "keep" pile, a "donate" pile and a trash pile. If it's not been used in 6 months, it's donated or trashed. She can keep all the books she wants. After everything is sorted and organized, we donate the "donate" pile to a needy child. This is great, especially at Christmas because she loves knowing that another kid is getting to enjoy a toy she had loved! You may want to try that, if he's old enough to understand.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 16, 2013 at 10:52 PM
Get rid if the Legos their Evil, Evil (that's if u step on them).

Quoting Anonymous:

All of it. Lol

Right now, it's the bookshelf, which hooks books and his Legos. In front of that, is the Lego table.

I think I'm gonna do a quick pick up right now and tomorrow, tear through all of it.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 16, 2013 at 10:58 PM
Lol that's the one thing he'll automatically clean up without me telling him. Even if I see ONE piece out, I take the entire thing! They take up two shelves on his bookshelf (in big containers)... plus some in the Lego table, and containers that go under the Lego table.

Quoting Anonymous:

Get rid if the Legos their Evil, Evil (that's if u step on them).

Quoting Anonymous:

All of it. Lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN