Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

People "inviting" themselves (help!) *edit*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 116 Replies
2 moms liked this

Long story short, 4 of my co workers and I are driving 2 hours to a theme park for a Halloween thing. Another co worker just saw we were going (on fb) and invited herself and her "boyfriend", whom all of us find creepy as hell.

How do you nicely uninvited someone who invited themselves? I still have to work with this chick.

EDIT: So we all decided to suck it up and let them tag along, but they want some of us to ride with them, we declined saying we all had to take our own cars since it's a long drive and some of us made plans to go to other places before we get there. There was really no "all girls" or "no couples" excuse since one co worker going is a male and his girlfriend, who also works with us, is going. Hopefully it still goes nicely, but lesson learned --- NO posting about private plans :P

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 16, 2013 at 10:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bethgoedeken
by Silver Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 10:26 PM
6 moms liked this

Tell them that the car's full and then hide from them?

Darkangelpunk
by Silver Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 10:26 PM
4 moms liked this
It's a public amusement park if she wants to go u can't stop her just do your own thing and when they ask how many people in ur group for seating just say u 5
GreenEyePixie
by Platinum Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 10:26 PM
8 moms liked this
Tell her sorry no room. Just tell her the truth. She isn't invited.

I never understood why people can't just tell the truth. We are adults, we SHOULD be able to handle being to no or being left out of something.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dominic062407
by Bronze Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 10:27 PM
19 moms liked this
Hashtag creeeeeeeeepy hashtag you're not invited hashtag later gater
suzanneyea
by Ruby Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 10:27 PM
5 moms liked this

You cannot stop her from going the same night. But, just leave it at that.if she asks what time you are going, be vague, say you are not sure, might go to dinner first.

catrig
by Platinum Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 10:28 PM
say no
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 16, 2013 at 10:28 PM

This is what I was going to say.

Quoting Darkangelpunk:

It's a public amusement park if she wants to go u can't stop her just do your own thing and when they ask how many people in ur group for seating just say u 5

OneToughMami
by Ruby Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 10:31 PM
17 moms liked this

I am sure she assumed it was a coworker thing since you were talking about it openly on Facebook. Usually when adults are planning something private they don't jump on the Facebook and talk about it where everyone can see and assume that they too can come along! Sorry, but I do not at all feel bad since you all chose to openly discuss private plans.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 16, 2013 at 10:32 PM
Lol well I know it's public, but she wants to hang out with us the entire time and her boyfriend will really aggravate us. We wanna have fun, not be careful of what we say because they're there.

Quoting Anonymous:

This is what I was going to say.

Quoting Darkangelpunk:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 16, 2013 at 10:35 PM
10 moms liked this
It was posted by someone else and directed only to the other 4 people. Maybe it's just my common sense to know that if your name is not in the list, you weren't invited.

Quoting OneToughMami:

I am sure she assumed it was a coworker thing since you were talking about it openly on Facebook. Usually when adults are planning something private they don't jump on the Facebook and talk about it where everyone can see and assume that they too can come along! Sorry, but I do not at all feel bad since you all chose to openly discuss private plans.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)