Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I watched my brother

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies
DIE. I don't talk about this much. 19 years ago when I was 6 years old I went to the store with my brother who was 12 at the time. He had cleft lip and half a brain. Such a sweet boy. Well on our way back we crossed the street while we were in the middle lane waiting for the cars to pass we were holding hands well one row of cars stopped for us as the other lane was free of cars. A old lady waved us to go. My brother started to run, I let go of his hand and stayed in the middle lane since I was scared. Well a truck came speeding down the lane and hit my brother he went rolling down the street. I ran to tell my other siblings that were in the house. Life flight came and it was to late he was dead. I will never forget this tragedy. I wish this kind of stuff would never happen.

Before you guys ask. My older siblings were watching us and did not want to take us to the store so my brother and I just went. I blame my self sometimes. My dad was working. We always crossed this street to buy candy at the store. This has changed my point of view on everything. I am over protective of my kids. I do not tolerate my kids or their friends to make fun of anyone. He was made fun of alot in school. Just need to write this out after so many years.

Then my mom died 3 days before my graduation. I hate death.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 17, 2013 at 3:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LiDoMama
by Gold Member on Oct. 17, 2013 at 3:20 AM

((hugs)) I'm sorry. 

3MusketeerMama
by EmmaRye Pie on Oct. 17, 2013 at 3:21 AM

I am sorry you had to witness that and that your family lost a child so young.

Sweet2413
by Bronze Member on Oct. 17, 2013 at 3:22 AM
Omg....im so sorry :(
KelleLynn
by Bronze Member on Oct. 17, 2013 at 3:22 AM

Oh wow, I am so sorry you lost your brother and your childhood like that. I wish I had words that could help comfort you. It was certainly not your fault. You were a good sister going to get candy with him and you are teaching your children a great thing about tolerance. Good for you. *BIG HUGS*

cjsix
by Platinum Member on Oct. 17, 2013 at 3:24 AM

huggingHugs Momma...what a difficult thing to see and live with the memories of. May the good memories of your sweet brother help you. 

CadincesMom
by on Oct. 17, 2013 at 3:26 AM

I'm so sorry. That was not your fault at all so please stop blaming yourself. Have you ever received any type of counseling since this happened?

PinkButterfly66
by Ruby Member on Oct. 17, 2013 at 3:27 AM

Honey, I'm so sorry for your loss.  Please don't ever blame yourself.  Ever.  You were six years old! SIX!  Have you ever been to therapy to help deal with the trauma?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 17, 2013 at 3:29 AM
Only through my school.

Quoting CadincesMom:

I'm so sorry. That was not your fault at all so please stop blaming yourself. Have you ever received any type of counseling since this happened?

csxt99
by Jennifer on Oct. 17, 2013 at 3:29 AM

I am so sorry that this happened and that you witnessed it!

kymom23
by Platinum Member on Oct. 17, 2013 at 3:29 AM
I'm so sorry. :*( Sending you lots of hugs. Please don't blame yourself. You were just a small child.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured