Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

would this piss you off? **edited**

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
We are pretty tight on money...i just looked in our bank account and dh was out wasting money..he went to starbucks, mcdonalds, and red robin today.spending $60 alone today...last weekend he got a new phone and spent close to $300 already...im pulling my hair out and want to yell at him..talking to him and sitting him down has not worked!...what would you do, if you were in this situation?...

And that is his money. He is The only one working right now. Because he is in The military he said i shouldnt work because someone needs to take care of our baby, especially with his odd Schedule sometimes or getting deployed...then wtf why isnt he helping with our financial problem..instead he is just going to put us in The hole..ughhhh

***update** I sent dh an angry text while he is at work...and he said he is going to cancel hulu,gamefly, and cable...
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 17, 2013 at 4:04 AM
Replies (11-20):
PollyPockette
by Gold Member on Oct. 17, 2013 at 4:15 AM

you gotta do wtf you gotta to do make sure ends are met.  tell that loser to get it together or handle it yourself.  or leave.  because if you don't put your foot down it will keep happening. personally, knowing what I know now, I would leave that shit head and find my own way.  the state will help you get on your feet but you will have to be in a shelter for a while.  or take his fucking money, since hes is going to waste it anyway, and get yourself a hotel room.  show him you mean business. 

Quoting Anonymous:

The thing is he is The only one working right now. Thats his money. We have a little baby with no1 to babysit... I have some money save up from when i last worked but thats going to my student loans and if we are ever in real trouble...

Quoting PollyPockette:

your dh is a fucking loser. 

make your own account and transfer all th emoney into it.  give that fucker an allowance and tell him when he can spend like abig boy he can have his own debit card like a big boy. 

PollyPockette
by Gold Member on Oct. 17, 2013 at 4:18 AM

what do you want us to say?

youll hear from two types of women here: 1.  the ones who have never been effed by a fuckup like the "man" (I use the term lightly) you married and think sweet talks and heart to hearts will help  or 2.  the ones who know you are fucking a loser who won't change for another decade because he isn't actually a grown up. 

do whats best for your kid.  don't set yourself up for poverty.  GTFOut, ask for help, and find your own way.  Then youll find a man who is respectable with his spending and understands priorities. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Its his money and he is The only one working right now though..even if i try to manage money, he will overdraft either way Nd expect me to pick up his overdraft charges..ugh...

Quoting sugarcrisp:

Red Robin?

Fuck. And I'm hungry too.

As for this- drain the money, put it in a separate account, pay the bills. Leave just enough in there monthly for him to splurge on himself based on what you CAN afford.

bahamamama61
by Silver Member on Oct. 17, 2013 at 4:19 AM
Yes, I'd be pissed:/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
drowningmama
by Platinum Member on Oct. 17, 2013 at 4:22 AM
My dh was like this in the beginning of our marriage - blowing his whole paycheck. I set up a bank acct just for him and gave him an allowance. Now he always looks at prices.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 17, 2013 at 4:30 AM

Start having hotdogs and macncheese every night until he asks what's up. Then tell him that with the money he's spending you have to start cutting costs somewhere else.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 17, 2013 at 4:35 AM
I would but what about me? I have to suffer for his fked up ways too? :( im already cutting out eating out for me because of him...ugh

Quoting Anonymous:

Start having hotdogs and macncheese every night until he asks what's up. Then tell him that with the money he's spending you have to start cutting costs somewhere else.

msalice_21
by Platinum Member on Oct. 17, 2013 at 4:40 AM
Its time to get a job yourself. It sucks but he obviously isnt very reliable in proving he can be responsible for supporting a family alone. Baby needs to have someone that is going to be there to make the ends meet and if he cant do it, it neess to be you. Good luck hun!
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 17, 2013 at 4:42 AM

Um Yeah, he is your husband, for better or worse right?

When DH and I first got together, he was bad with money b/c his parents always took care of him and always were there to give him money when he asked. I, however had been working since I was 14 and was practicly financially on my own since 16-17. So, I was pretty good with money. It took a few years for us to get on the same page, basicly him stop spending $10 extra everytime he went to gas station or getting what every he wanted.

If you feel that you guys need more money, then find a way to make more money. I understand what your going thru, b/c I've been there, but if you truely want things to change, you'll find a way

elmoslittlesist
by on Oct. 17, 2013 at 4:44 AM
Everyone has have you some kind of advice and you've knocked all of it back or had an excuse.Either tell him to grow up and make changes or pack your bags and leave.. He sounds like a selfish dick anyway!Only you can change it no one can do it for you!
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 17, 2013 at 4:46 AM

Here's something else you can try, sit down with him BEFORE he gets paid, go over the bills WITH him so he knows what's going out AND go over with him what you guys need for that week as far as food and other things. Rather then just telling him that he can't spend the money he has in his pocket, since he may not want to hold off buying something that he wants.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)