Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Torn between my disaster marriage and the new guy

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 37 Replies

DH has been neglecting his job as a husband and father. Always degrading me and being addicted to video games.I recently found out that he put his hands around my child throat while angry. That was the icing on the cake. I can deal with emotional abuse but not any abuse toward my kids. We have 2 dd and I have a ds from a previous relationship, he was the one that got the abuse. I asked him to leave 3 wks ago and he admitted that he has not tried to give our relationship any effort. I was hurt and found that I resented him for that. idk f I want to work out our marriage. Although now he is oh so eager to do whatever it takes to keep me, I know him too well. He will change for a minute but then he will go back to the same ol selfish asshole. I am not gonna lie, during this time I have become interested in a friend of mine. We havent crossed any lines but we have told each other that we do like each other a lot. He is also married but they hate each other. The only reason he is still with her is bc he stands to lose millions in a divorce.  Being together is not even in the near future at all but I dont want to stay in a relationship where I do it all with no help. Am I wrong? Should I give DH another chance to prove that he cant change? And no my problem with DH started more than 2 yrs ago, my friend and I just started talking 3 wks ago. I just dont want to go too far and hurt anyone.

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 17, 2013 at 4:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
1L2CMommy
by Silver Member on Oct. 17, 2013 at 4:16 AM
Too many clichés in this one to offer any help. Sorry. But good luck.
sunrisekn
by on Oct. 17, 2013 at 4:17 AM
1 mom liked this

You won't have any clear answers unless you take some time for yourself.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 17, 2013 at 4:19 AM

You are a cheater. You don't deserve either one. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 17, 2013 at 4:24 AM
1 mom liked this
Your dh doesn't deserve you.... basically you're saying, "should I give him another chance to put his hands around my child throat?"

No. Time to leave him far behind.... and enter the single mom community. It's not that bad, I swear lol

As for the friend, no. He's married. You deserve someone who's willing to commit to you, not their wife, then you
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 17, 2013 at 4:29 AM
1 mom liked this
My best advice to you is to walk away from both.

The marriage would have been over the second he put his hands on my child's neck.

The other man, yea that's only going to cause you problems. He's looking for a easy piece of ass. No matter what he says.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 17, 2013 at 4:30 AM
As for your marriage...only you can decide. If you really feel you are fed up then its prob time to move on. Also the choking thing definatly would have been a dealbreaker. You and your children need to be safe. As for this other guy. I say dont go there. You need time to regroup. Dont move from one bad situation to another. He is married. Please respect that and dont go any further with this man. If there is something real between you guys tell him that you will be there in single land and to look you up when he arrives. Good luck.
neveragain17
by Gold Member on Oct. 17, 2013 at 4:32 AM
Let me see... Abuse on a child... BYE BYE!
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 17, 2013 at 4:35 AM

If your DH is being abusive, get away. But don't start dating someone else ESPECIALLY someone who is already married, until you have taken time for yourself and spend some time putting your kids first.

ChewyBrownies
by Platinum Member on Oct. 17, 2013 at 4:35 AM
2 moms liked this

He choked your child because he got mad and you're still with him?
elmoslittlesist
by on Oct. 17, 2013 at 4:38 AM
Quoting Anonymous:

You are a cheater. You don't deserve either one. 

I love how you say this anonymously!You called her a cheater when she's not done anything yet you failed to mention her husband being an abusive dick!!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)