Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Rape and Personal Responsibility (may trigger..)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 84 Replies
3 moms liked this

When it comes to rape posts, I normally do not comment other than "I am so sorry for what you have been through", or something supportive. I have never been raped, but I cannot imagine how horrible that must feel... However, there is a new story making the rounds, about a girl who received oral sex on a sidewalk, and later claimed he raped her and now he is facing possible charges. 

After I read the story on The Stir, I googled. In a few moments I had found the pictures of the assault... She was smiling at the camera. She does not look scared, she looks like she is enjoying herself. But she MIGHT not remember it. She MIGHT be too drunk to consent. Therefore, he has a chance of being labeled a sex offender. I do not think that is right, in this instance. She is not passed out. She is holding her head up, and smiling at the people passing by.

What if this were your son? What if he were facing lifetime consequences because the person who appears to be enjoying herself decided to save face and cry rape? Is it ok to eat a woman out on the road? No. In fact, it is illegal. But I do think it is the only law he broke. I do not see rape in that smiling face. \

What if it were your daughter? I would be ashamed of her decision making skills as well. But I would be more ashamed that she decided it was rape, because it was convenient for her. That makes it that much harder on every woman from here on out who is raped. Who is held down, or threatened. Who has NO control over her situation. Who is violated in the worst way possible... I do not think it is ok to claim rape when you get drunk and enjoy sex. He was drunk as well. They both made bad choices. 

Before I get ripped to shreds, please google the pictures where you can see her face. Not the bars... and remember that you WILL be held liable for anything else you do drunk (driving, hurting someone, ect), why not recieving oral sex on a sidewalk?

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 17, 2013 at 9:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Oct. 17, 2013 at 9:20 AM
1 mom liked this

Link?

BCauseImAwesome
by Gold Member on Oct. 17, 2013 at 9:23 AM
1 mom liked this

I hope to god my son knows better than that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 17, 2013 at 9:24 AM

You can't tell from pictures if it was rape or not.

Were you there? Did she say no? Did she say stop?

Was she too afraid to not play along like she enjoyed it?

You do realize that you can enjoy the act and have an orgasm and still be raped, right?

She could have said "please stop" 10 times and then it started feeling good.. 

Some people smile and laugh when they are feeling embarassed or even humiliated.

You can't judge unless you were there.

If that was my son I would be disgusted that he was so stupid and careless. He deserves what he gets. And she deserves the forever humiliation she will face with the pictures online if it wasn't rape.

Either way... they BOTH lose

RMB2011
by Platinum Member on Oct. 17, 2013 at 9:24 AM
I'm not understanding something here. Do you only feel its rape if a person is held down? I'm pretty sure if she was as plastered as it appears in the photos, she had no control over the situation.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 17, 2013 at 9:26 AM
I orgasmed when I was raped and I was held by gunpoint. Guess I wanted it:(
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 17, 2013 at 9:26 AM

Ignore the comments, the only place I have found the picture without teh bars.

http://www.thecoli.com/threads/college-student-who-tweeted-photos-of-a-woman-being-sexually-assaulted-on-sidewalk.156018/

Quoting Lunarprancer:

Link?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 17, 2013 at 9:28 AM

You were held at gunpoint... that is a little different... I am sorry you were raped :(

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 17, 2013 at 9:30 AM
5 moms liked this

He appears to be drunk as well. Why is he the only one held responsible for the sex? 

Quoting RMB2011:

I'm not understanding something here. Do you only feel its rape if a person is held down? I'm pretty sure if she was as plastered as it appears in the photos, she had no control over the situation.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 17, 2013 at 9:30 AM
So, it's about physical force. No, it IS about consent and the lack of ability to consent. No means no and if someone's too plastered to remember if they said yes or not..then don't have sex with them...male or female.

Quoting Anonymous:

You were held at gunpoint... that is a little different... I am sorry you were raped :(

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 17, 2013 at 9:31 AM
I believe personally that if its not of sound mind but was consentual then it was a moment taken advantage of. Not necessarily enough to throw him under the bus. If my girl done what you believe was done I wouldn't support it. But if she was truely raped then he deserves it. Either way the act shouldn't have happened though.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)