Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Talk About Greedy!!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies

My sister had a baby when she was 15.

My Mom took care of my nephew while my sister partied and stayed gone for long periods of time.

She bought everything for him, and took care of him.

Including a giant tote full of legos.

Now it's been 13-14 years and my nephew is almost 15.

My Mom asked my sister for the legos. None of my sisters kids play with them, they are all older now and have no interest in legos.

My sister wants to CHARGE my Mom, MORE than what my Mom would pay if she bought the legos brand new!

I did the math and looked up prices, that's how I know it comes out to be about 20 bucks more than what she'd pay if she bought that many legos at the store.

My Mom bought them in the first place and my sister is trying over charge her own mother that took care of HER son for 5 years financially and emotionally while she did whatever the fuck she wanted to do.

I could maybe understand selling them, but to charge more than what they'd cost at the store? Hell no.

My sister can keep her legos that sit in a tote not being played with. My Mom was going to buy them for my son but I'll just buy them brand new and forget about her greed.

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 17, 2013 at 9:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
2Sparrows4ever
by on Oct. 17, 2013 at 9:36 AM
Seems like I have read this before
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 17, 2013 at 9:40 AM

Maybe, but not from me. I just found out about it today.

Quoting 2Sparrows4ever:

Seems like I have read this before

tardistraveller
by on Oct. 17, 2013 at 9:41 AM

She shouldn't be selling them at all.  She should be passing them along to her nephew.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 17, 2013 at 9:43 AM

Exactly.

I have a niece who is only 6 months old right now but I happily gave my son's baby toys to her. I didn't charge anyone for them.

They weren't being used, and I knew someone who could use them, so I gave them away. That's what family does.

Quoting tardistraveller:

She shouldn't be selling them at all.  She should be passing them along to her nephew.

tardistraveller
by on Oct. 17, 2013 at 9:50 AM

Some people are just greedy and have no sense of family.

I was shocked by how many people were surprised I don't charge my sister and BIL for taking care of my nephew.  My sister's MIL (my nephews own grandmother) wouldn't shut up about it and told me I should ask for at least $200/week.

WTF? I want to do it, he's my family ffs.

Quoting Anonymous:

Exactly.

I have a niece who is only 6 months old right now but I happily gave my son's baby toys to her. I didn't charge anyone for them.

They weren't being used, and I knew someone who could use them, so I gave them away. That's what family does.

Quoting tardistraveller:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN