Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

S/O... Slavery

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 56 Replies
3 moms liked this

A few years ago I arrived at my dd's school to pick her up.  I notice she is carrying someone's books.  I didn't think much of it.  She saw me and handed the stuff over and came to me.  Over the next few days I noticed the same thing...  I asked about it.

This is what she told me.

Layla said that my people owned her people as slaves so that means I have to do things for her as payback.  If I don't then I will go to hell and she might beat me up.

I immediately brought this to the headmasters attention as well as the teacher.  They pretty much thought dd was old enough to deal with it on her own...she was 7. 

In my opinion....this is what keeps slavery fresh.  This is what keeps racism going.  And this attitude is what keeps hatred. 

I think it is fine to teach and talk to your kids about racism...but you are not owed anything.

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 17, 2013 at 9:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
justpeachy71904
by peachy on Oct. 17, 2013 at 9:38 AM
Oh my word
nerdymom28
by Ruby Member on Oct. 17, 2013 at 9:39 AM
2 moms liked this

That school made the wrong call. The girl should have been punished. That's blatant racism, and to allow her to take other children as her 'slaves' is just sick and wrong.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 17, 2013 at 9:39 AM

Oh my word?  Because of my thoughts or the situation my dd had?

Quoting justpeachy71904:

Oh my word

ProudMommy51006
by on Oct. 17, 2013 at 9:40 AM
Wow
sunrisekn
by on Oct. 17, 2013 at 9:40 AM

Exactly. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 17, 2013 at 9:42 AM

Oh I was livid.  It is an incident my dd still remembers.

Quoting nerdymom28:

That school made the wrong call. The girl should have been punished. That's blatant racism, and to allow her to take other children as her 'slaves' is just sick and wrong.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 17, 2013 at 9:43 AM
2 moms liked this

OH MY $&@$!!!, I am speechless. Someone needs to teach that little girl a lesson. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 17, 2013 at 9:43 AM
1 mom liked this
Wtf? Teach your kid how to fight and then tell her to tell that entitled brat to kiss her ass.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 17, 2013 at 9:43 AM
I was beat up almost daily for 4.5 years , been whipped, and told blacks would rule one day and enslave the white people like me to teach us a lesson.
Poomannchoo
by on Oct. 17, 2013 at 9:43 AM
3 moms liked this
Details aside, that's bullying. A threat of potential violence was made if certain demands weren't met. I'm shocked and disgusted that the school let it go.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)