Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What makes you feel most successful?

Posted by on Oct. 17, 2013 at 10:07 AM
  • 55 Replies

Poll

Question: What makes you feel most successful?

Options:

Your accomplishments

Your relationships with family & friends

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 147

View Results

by on Oct. 17, 2013 at 10:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 17, 2013 at 10:13 AM
2 moms liked this

I would say my accomplishments make me feel successful and I feel successful when I am caught up with my freelance work. Another thing is if I can cut my daughter's fingernails & toenails. Now that is true success.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 17, 2013 at 10:14 AM
1 mom liked this
Balance between the two. Also, being happy most of the time. That is a true sign of success.
justahousewife
by Silver Member on Oct. 17, 2013 at 10:16 AM
1 mom liked this

You forgot C the health and happiness of your children. lol

theresaphilly
by Gold Member on Oct. 17, 2013 at 10:18 AM

My relationship with friends and family. At the end of the day the love of those people are the only one that matters. I am successful in business, but I love being the most successful in my home and personal life. 

Dee24997
by Member on Oct. 17, 2013 at 10:18 AM

I would say they can't be compared. Professionally, I wouldn't feel successful with just my relationships but I wouldn't feel successful personally with just my accomplishments. I need both. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 17, 2013 at 10:21 AM

Neither.  The only good things in my life are my 2 kids.  I have very flawed relations with the rest of my family and I don't have friends.  I have acquaintences.  

And I am the furthest thing from accomplished in any thing that I have attempted.  

Ffs, I suck at life in general.

MichelleRoy
by on Oct. 17, 2013 at 10:27 AM
1 mom liked this

My accomplishments would make me feel successful, but my family makes me feel happy.  Totally different.  

othermom
by Ruby Member on Oct. 17, 2013 at 10:37 AM

A little of both

lilbit53009
by on Oct. 17, 2013 at 10:41 AM

my family is what makes me feel successful. to have a handsome husband who is my soulmate and best friend, and to have a son who is caring, funny, helpful, and so smart and well rounded makes me feel like i've won the lottery.  i also feel successful for meeting my husband in college and each of us getting to be at each others graduation (I was also 6 months pregnant when I walked across the stage). even tho i've made my own accomplishments at work, what makes me feel more successful is their support in doing that.

i love my little family...and can't wait till we sucessfully add 1 more :)

vicky86
by on Oct. 17, 2013 at 10:45 AM
I feel the most successful when i can accomplish something to make the ones i love happy
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)