Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

THIS IS IT! I know she has lost her damn mind, AGAIN! update about the money

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 151 Replies

Over the past year i have had issues with my dd.  I wrote posts about her. we thought we finally got her straighten out. We moved, i got her to see a mental health doctor, she is on meds now ect...

Last night blew up again. It all started over me telling her to fold up clothes, instead she decided to go and shoved them in the closet in her bathroom. 2 Hours later i go to get towel out of the closet and i see them all shoved in there.

She is out back. I go outside tell her to get her ass in here now a fold up them damn clothes. she is to damn old being doing that shit. she is almost14.

All hell broke lose. she started screaming and crying acting like a 2 year old. saying that her life sucks because of us and she wishes she was dead. I told her that her life sucks because of her decisions ,not because of us. she is the one who makes these decision and now she has to deal with the consquences. It went on  from 7 pm until 9 pm. the screaming and yelling and crying.  It finally calmed down and she went to bed.

Now let me back track to yesterday. Yesterday i got into my purse and I thought $10 was missing. I thought well maybe i used it and forgot. didn't think much more of it. THis morning i get in my wallet and $6 is missing. each time that is the only amount I had in my wallet. I know now that she took the damn money.Over the course of 2 days she has taken $16 from me.  I went and tore her room apart trying to find out where she hid it. It isn't in there, which means she has it at school.

I am done trying to be calm with her.  Her birthday next week , isn't happening. she isn' t getting shit and i am not even sure if i will get her a cake or not. I hope she  enjoyed that $16 because of that she isn't getting anything for her birthday. And i swear to god if she doesn't stop this shit. Christmas will be gone. As of right now she only has 2 things in layaway. those 2 things are not good without the IPOD that she wants. I swear to god if she doesn't stop , She will not getting and IPOD, 3DS or anything else. She wants to go trick or treating this year. her last year. I am not even sure if I am getting her what she want to dress up. I may make her go and stand by use and not get any candy at all.

I am sick of this shit. SHe made our lives a living hell last year. It almost broke up my marriage.  I would go into everything that she did but it would make this post to damn long. 

I know $16 isn't a lot of money but she is stealing from me again. Last year she stole my phone, my tablet and broke it at school. she stole old phones.  the big draw was when she stole $55. we thought we had dealt with all of that shit but i guess not. 

I am done. i can 't take any more of her shit.  I swear if she doesn't straighten i will send her ass off. If she is doing this shit now what will she be doing a year from now. 

I have tried. I quit my job,  I am now a sahm and I don't want to be. We moved. I got her help, but i guess it isn't helping .  I have worked with her. I let her earn her things back. she had her TV back, her WII back. I even started letting her leave the house to go to  friends house until i found out she wasn't going where she was suppose to be but instead was walking 7 blocks away.  now becuase of that she isn't allowed to leave the yard. I was going to let her go to school dances and football games, to the skating ring. but she messed all of that up.

I am at a lost. 

My mom isn't any help. she lives with us now. but not for long because she doesn't like the drama that my dd causes and i know she will be leaving soon. SHe thinks we should let her do what she wants to keep the shit down. she keeps saying she is going to run away. well let her go ahead and when she does her ass will be sitting in tampa, Sent off. 

What do you do when everything has failed. We thought we had her heading in the right direction for once and now she is head backward. back in the world pool of the drama again. My nerves can't take much more.

update:

she finally came out with the truth about the money. after an hour of her denying taking the money, and hour of her screaming and being smart and crying . she finally told us the truth because i told her if she didn't tell the truth that she wouldn't be getting anything for Christmas. She finally told the truth. she did steal the money; she said she stole it to buy her friend a spirit shirt. She has now lost the spirit shirt that we just bought for her this week. The spirit shirt is $15.

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 17, 2013 at 11:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mtdewwid
by on Oct. 17, 2013 at 11:23 AM
Ugh, you poor mamma. I feel for you and your daughter. I can't offer too much advice, but I did have teenage step children that did things like this. They grew out of that shit for the most part. Does she have mental health issues?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 17, 2013 at 11:26 AM

The doctor put her on antidepressant.. I don't know I think she has bipolar.

Quoting Mtdewwid:

Ugh, you poor mamma. I feel for you and your daughter. I can't offer too much advice, but I did have teenage step children that did things like this. They grew out of that shit for the most part. Does she have mental health issues?

Mtdewwid
by on Oct. 17, 2013 at 11:32 AM
If she has been on the same antidepressant for a while, it may be starting to lose its effectiveness. Maybe she needs a dosage increase or a new med altogether. Was she like this before the med and did it.get better when she started it?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 17, 2013 at 11:35 AM
She only been on them a month. We had similar problem last year but worse. It stopped during the summer. We moved to new area. She have had a few issues since schooled but not like last night. And this the first time she stolev from me since she took the $55.

Quoting Mtdewwid:

If she has been on the same antidepressant for a while, it may be starting to lose its effectiveness. Maybe she needs a dosage increase or a new med altogether. Was she like this before the med and did it.get better when she started it?
Mtdewwid
by on Oct. 17, 2013 at 11:40 AM
Hmm. Maybe give the meds another 2 to 4 weeks to see if there is any improvement, and then consult her doctor if it's not helping. When you're a teen it seems.everything is all about you. They can't see too much beyond themselves and things are dramatic. I'm sure if she's bi polar things are much harder.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 17, 2013 at 11:44 AM
3 moms liked this
Mama please don't give up I was like her at that age I went undiagnosed until I was 24 I have borderline personality disorder it's horrible but not a death sentence she needs to see a psychiatrist not a psychologist or counselor or therapist they can get her in the right direction
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 17, 2013 at 11:48 AM
I took her see a psychiatrist and told him everything. He just put her on antidepressants.

Quoting Anonymous:

Mama please don't give up I was like her at that age I went undiagnosed until I was 24 I have borderline personality disorder it's horrible but not a death sentence she needs to see a psychiatrist not a psychologist or counselor or therapist they can get her in the right direction
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 17, 2013 at 12:52 PM
Just waiting on her to walk through the door. I will empty out her backpack and check her pockets
pumpkin1423
by on Oct. 17, 2013 at 1:09 PM
1 mom liked this

Then take her to see a different psychiatrist and get a second opinion. But don't just give up and get rid of her. When I was your daughters age it took 3 suicide attempts, 4 mental hospitals, and 5 different doctors to get my diagnosis and treatment plan right. My mom gave up after the 2nd suicide attempt and made me a ward of the state. I went from group home to group home and I can tell you THAT IS NOT THE LIFE YOU WANT FOR YOUR DAUGHTER. And when she finally is able to manage whatever her condition is, she will never forgive you for giving up on her. That's not what family does. Buck up and do whatever it takes to get her the help she needs. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I took her see a psychiatrist and told him everything. He just put her on antidepressants.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 17, 2013 at 1:17 PM

She needs to see a Diffrent doctor. She has an issue that needs to be addressed.  Don't send her away, she will feel like you gave up on her. I went through similar things as a child, it took a long time for my DID to be diagnosed but my dad stood by me the whole time.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)