Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

car repossession

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 26 Replies
OK anyone ever had a vehicle reposessed? We had received the final notice to pay Oct 11th. Obviously we couldn't. So my question is how soon can we expect for them to come for the car? How long did it take for you if you had it done?
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 17, 2013 at 4:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Oct. 17, 2013 at 4:05 PM

bump

christina0607
by on Oct. 17, 2013 at 4:05 PM
A wman i work withhad hers taken during her work shift. I think for her it was within afew days,
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 17, 2013 at 4:10 PM
A few days. Can you call them and try to make some sort of payment arrangements? Maybe defer some payments to the end of the loan? It happend to us one time and I found out after the fact that I could have done that and stopped the repossession. If your finance company is willing to work with you. They generally dont want it back because they cant get back what you owe.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 17, 2013 at 4:11 PM
Bump
hautemama83
by on Oct. 17, 2013 at 4:12 PM
Any given time. I'd take all your shit out now before they take it, and you have to pay storage for it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 17, 2013 at 4:17 PM

Bump

lunabella79
by Platinum Member on Oct. 17, 2013 at 4:20 PM
My husband used to repo cars. A few days. The bank will send the paperwork to the company they hire for repossession and then the company will go search for the vehicle. Now, most banks/loan companies will allow you one month of forgiveness where you can tack your payment into the end of the loan. Did you inquire about this?
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 17, 2013 at 4:22 PM

A few days to a week. Ford took my husbands truck a few years ago

CGM2012
by Silver Member on Oct. 17, 2013 at 4:22 PM

I dont know, but I would say clear everything out of your car that you want to keep now.

Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on Oct. 17, 2013 at 4:22 PM
I would imagine it would be very soon. I suppose some of that depends on how busy the company they're using to tow the car is, if they know where you work, if the car is left parked outside as opposed to a garage, etc.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured