Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

kids on leashes

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 736 Replies
18 moms liked this
What are your thoughts on parents that put their kids on those stupid leashes? I hate them and when I see a parent using one, I think that they can't control their kid or that their just too lazy to try. I understand that some kids are out of control but I still believe it is the parent's job to teach their kids to behave in public. Children are not fuckin' dogs.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 18, 2013 at 7:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 18, 2013 at 7:50 AM
58 moms liked this

I see zero harm in having a safety line between yourself and your child. Much better to have them walking than sitting in a stroller or being carried about. And even the best controlled child in the world has the attention span of a goldfish when they see something shiny. 

Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Oct. 18, 2013 at 7:50 AM
42 moms liked this
They are harnesses not leashes and they come in handy at times.

I use them when we go to places like the rodeo where there are 100 thousand people and the kiddo wants to walk rather than be confined to a stroller.

I'd much rather have a child on a harness than to lose a child in a huge crowd.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jenerica.
by Silver Member on Oct. 18, 2013 at 7:51 AM
2 moms liked this
Dogs do not belong on leashes.
fairyjester
by on Oct. 18, 2013 at 7:51 AM
24 moms liked this

I think  safety first.  if i had a kid that tended to dash. i would rather have scornful looks now rather than sympathetic at his funeral.

BeAuTiFuL.BLiSs
by Platinum Member on Oct. 18, 2013 at 7:52 AM
11 moms liked this

Good for them for making sure their child is safe.

That's all that comes to mind. It doesn't bother me to see a parent using one.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 18, 2013 at 7:52 AM
12 moms liked this

my thought whenever I see a kid with a leash is, Im sorry your mom thinks you're a pet.

SyllabaryBisque
by on Oct. 18, 2013 at 7:52 AM
8 moms liked this

Dogs eat food. Does that mean that a child is a dog because they eat food as well? To me, it's the same thing. There is nothing wrong with having that extra assurance that your child isn't going to run off at a moment's notice when your guard is down. Better safe than sorry. 

Yes, it is the parent's responsibility to teach their child to behave in public, but if a child misbehaves for a moment and runs out in front of a car and dies, you can't really admonish them for not behaving the way that they're supposed to.

mseelen
by Silver Member on Oct. 18, 2013 at 7:52 AM
7 moms liked this
When my baby is old enough I plan to use them, but only in crowded places, like a fair or rodeo. It's not about controlling the child for me, it's more about someone trying to snatch her. In a setting like a park, no I wouldn't, but If I'm in big crowd or even a place I'm not familiar with like a foriegn country, I will in a heartbeat.
momof2boy2girl
by Valerie on Oct. 18, 2013 at 7:53 AM
8 moms liked this
I see them.as being no different that tying a kid down to a stroller. When used properly, they are a great tool. Improper use turns it into a crutch that dome parents use to.avoid teaching their children to behave. I used one for a short time.with my second DD when she was about 18 months old. She wanted to.walk, I had.just had her.brother and she needed to learn boundaries and self control. I held her hand.and.just kept.the harness hooked to my belt. It was a fail.safe until I.knew I could trust her.
teri4lance
by Platinum Member on Oct. 18, 2013 at 7:53 AM
17 moms liked this
Before you judge...you should walk a mile in their shoes. You have no idea what led up to using a harness.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)