Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If your child broke another child's arm?

Posted by on Oct. 18, 2013 at 8:37 AM
  • 116 Replies
If your child plays sports, football in particular. Would you feel financially responsible if your child broke another child's arm (injured a child to the point it required medical care)?

--this didn't happen to me by the way. A child at ds's football practice left the field crying and holding his arm. His mother was upset and yelled at the parents of the child that tackled him telling them that they would pay his ER visit. I personally find this ridiculous. When you sign your child up for a contact sport you should take responsibility for any injuries. All children involved were 6 if that makes a difference.
by on Oct. 18, 2013 at 8:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
spunky946
by Ruby Member on Oct. 18, 2013 at 8:38 AM
2 moms liked this
In a situation like that, no.
2Sparrows4ever
by on Oct. 18, 2013 at 8:38 AM
1 mom liked this
Nah, that's a risk you take
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 18, 2013 at 8:38 AM
1 mom liked this

I guess it depends on whether or not it was an accident. We had a boy in school who pushed a girl up against a locker, breaking her arm. That fucker would've been paying the bill in that instance for sure. In this case it sounds like a legit accident.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 18, 2013 at 8:39 AM

If they did it on purpose we would pay. I would not pay in a contact sport though. Thats a risk you take when playing contact sports. 

blue-heart
by Platinum Member on Oct. 18, 2013 at 8:39 AM
1 mom liked this
Just like you said, sign your kid up for a contact sport you (general you) should take full responsibility for any and all injuries your kid has.
fanciepantz
by Alyssa on Oct. 18, 2013 at 8:39 AM
1 mom liked this
While playing football no , ds plays football and soccer and baseball all of the parents sign them up knowing the risks.
MrsLondon
by Member on Oct. 18, 2013 at 8:39 AM
1 mom liked this

I wouldn't feel responsible in that scenario. It's football. Depending on what position you play you're bound to have something broken at some point.

kate.oneill
by Member on Oct. 18, 2013 at 8:39 AM

Don't kids need proof of insurance to play an organized sport like that?

Pink.Sunshine.
by on Oct. 18, 2013 at 8:39 AM
1 mom liked this

Football is a contact sport. If she didn't want him to hurt himself, she should've enrolled him in Ballet. I would not pay a dime.

fairyjester
by on Oct. 18, 2013 at 8:40 AM

no, unless it was a blatantly purposefully attack.    

but other wise injuries come with the game. 

My poor nephew broke his leg in  the first or second practice of his league  , poor thing.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)