Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would You Take Your Kid Into A Liquor Store? ETA

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Poll

Question: You need to grab some beer/wine/etc, would you take your child in with you?

Options:

Yes

No

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 852

View Results

(In Colorado, you have to go to a liquor store to get any kind of alcohol, so going to a grocery store would not be an option)

*For the record, I have no problem with it! I took my 8 year old in one yesterday and I got some strange looks, so I was curious if it was an unspoken rule that I wasn't aware of*

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 18, 2013 at 11:33 AM
Replies (61-70):
Superlaura328
by Platinum Member on Oct. 18, 2013 at 11:49 AM
1 mom liked this

Really? lol. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Well hell if you take your kids to a liquor store you should as well take them into a sex toy store, smh.

Leobaby2007
by on Oct. 18, 2013 at 11:49 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes, and I would probably get him a lollipop. Lol

TSNDDY
by Ruby Member on Oct. 18, 2013 at 11:49 AM
Yes, I take my kids into the liquor store with me.
WifeyC
by Platinum Member on Oct. 18, 2013 at 11:50 AM
2 moms liked this

You get the most dramatic award of the morning.

Quoting Anonymous:

Well hell if you take your kids to a liquor store you should as well take them into a sex toy store, smh.

sarah824
by Platinum Member on Oct. 18, 2013 at 11:50 AM

You're joking, right? 

Quoting Anonymous:

Leobaby2007
by on Oct. 18, 2013 at 11:50 AM

Ikr? How are they even close to the same thing? Lol

Quoting Superlaura328:

Really? lol. 

Quoting Anonymous:

lenashark
by Ruby Member on Oct. 18, 2013 at 11:50 AM

Yes, I went to the liquor store two nights ago to pick up a bottle of wine to bring to my Aunts, who invited us for dinner. I brought my six year old son and 1.5 month old daughter. I wasn't even drinking the wine since I'm breastfeeding. My parents used to bring me and it didn't turn me into an alcoholic or anything, I barely ever drink (when I'm not breastfeeding) and don't drink to get drunk, just a social glass of wine or champagne or maybe a beer in the summer here and there when I'm with family and friends. They sell alcohol in the grocery store and I bring my kids there as well. I believe in teaching my kids what my parents taught me, how to drink responsibly. Instead of hiding it and making it some forbidden thing, they made it just a no big deal kind of thing and showed me that you can have a few and don't need to drink to get drunk. They set an example, that you can drink and be fine, or you could be like some of my other family members and get drunk and make a fool of yourself. I'm teaching my kids the same. I don't see the point in going home, dropping the kids off, and then going out again to go get a bottle of wine.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 18, 2013 at 11:50 AM
Lmao I have no issues with entering a liquor store. You could not pay me to go in a sex shop. Hopefully that was sarcasm?

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 18, 2013 at 11:51 AM

This is a ridiculous response. 

Quoting Anonymous:

zacmacsmomm
by Gold Member on Oct. 18, 2013 at 11:51 AM

Oh I don't know....The post about only lazy moms use Cribs, pack and plays, and strollers is a close second lol 

Quoting WifeyC:

You get the most dramatic award of the morning.

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)