Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Crazy thing I said during labor!

Posted by on Oct. 18, 2013 at 12:23 PM
  • 586 Replies
5 moms liked this
Remember that day when you went into labor or you went in to be induced, I do and I don't remember the pain so much other than the crazy things I said. I had to be induced with my first son and I do with the second one which will happen this coming tues. With my first son I begged my husband if we could go home and make the labor stop and pretend I never came in.
I know crazy and I'm pretty sure I may have threated his life once.
Did you had any thing you said or did during labor that you look back on now and think hmm that was a little kooky?
by on Oct. 18, 2013 at 12:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cbk_mom3
by JayTayGma on Oct. 18, 2013 at 12:26 PM
7 moms liked this

With my oldest son, I had 21 hours of very hard labor, with no progression past 4. It was so bad, I was puking with each contraction, and since I'd not eaten since the evening before, it was basically dry heaving, which was loads of fun. I can remember when my doctor finally mosied in, I told him "I'm NOT being awake when this baby is born, and you can't MAKE me be awake!" LOL. As it turned out, I didn't have to be. He had turned transverse, and was long ways across the birth canal, with his feet in my abdomen, and the top of his head pressing my spine. He was an emergency c-section, and they put me completely out, and cut me vertically instead of horizontal, it was such an emergency. Hope all goes well with your new little one!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 18, 2013 at 12:28 PM
2 moms liked this
I don't remember saying anything crazy. My friend got scolded by her doctor for cursing. Lol
hautemama83
by Emerald Member on Oct. 18, 2013 at 12:29 PM
7 moms liked this
I threw the monitor thingy across the room and cursed out a nurse because she said I couldn't be in pain. My contractions weren't registering high enough.
mmprincess
by Member on Oct. 18, 2013 at 12:29 PM
10 moms liked this

With my first the doctor told me to stop pushing and I yelled push don't push when are you people going to make up your mind.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 18, 2013 at 12:30 PM
With my dd after she was born I said on good she doesn't have 3 heads. I was soooo out of it from the anxiety meds hey game me before my c section.
jteffs
by Silver Member on Oct. 18, 2013 at 12:31 PM
49 moms liked this
I gt a shot in the butt for pain (i think) and I asked the nurse if it was going to hurt, because I'd never taken it in the butt before. I was absolutely delirious but she and my husband laughed SO hard. He still brings it up lol
outtamymynd
by Ruby Member on Oct. 18, 2013 at 12:31 PM
1 mom liked this
Nothing crazy, the one I remember is telling my husband if he turned the camera in my direction one more time I was going to break it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Stephd710
by Ruby Member on Oct. 18, 2013 at 12:32 PM

I had a scheduled C section so i never felt pain but my (now ex) husband said that when they came in to start prepping me and putting my IV's in and stuff I completely shut down and stopped talking and stared into space and was just mentally gone.  I dont remember it.  LOL!  I remember being scared i was going to die in surgery so maybe i just shut myself off.  I started to cry when they wheeled me down the hall to the OR but by the time the surgery started i was calm again.  

SamNStefanMommy
by on Oct. 18, 2013 at 12:32 PM
5 moms liked this

I never really said anything crazy, but with my first labor, I punched the resident for not being gentle enough when he checked me and then I kicked my doctor in the face when I was pushing.

CamoChick
by on Oct. 18, 2013 at 12:32 PM

with my first I called my BF at the time every name in the book.  He wasn't there to hear me so I don't feel guilty.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN