Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Crazy thing I said during labor!

Posted by   + Show Post
Remember that day when you went into labor or you went in to be induced, I do and I don't remember the pain so much other than the crazy things I said. I had to be induced with my first son and I do with the second one which will happen this coming tues. With my first son I begged my husband if we could go home and make the labor stop and pretend I never came in.
I know crazy and I'm pretty sure I may have threated his life once.
Did you had any thing you said or did during labor that you look back on now and think hmm that was a little kooky?
by on Oct. 18, 2013 at 12:23 PM
Replies (11-20):
smorgan865
by Platinum Member on Oct. 18, 2013 at 12:33 PM

With my second it was just REALLY hard to push him out, his ear was getting stuck and I just said FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK really long and loud. My midwife just laughed it off.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 18, 2013 at 12:33 PM
My mom wrote down all the crazy things I said lol, it was a lot of " I hate you dh!" And "just cut me open already! ( said as ds was crowning lmao). It's fun to read it sometimes. I also made letters for the kids the da they were born.
UncertainHopefl
by Fortune Cookie on Oct. 18, 2013 at 12:33 PM

I was in labor for 14 hours, and demanded a sub from subway! Evem on the way to the hospital, I wanted to stop for a BMT :)  but I couldnt and never did get one :(

mommyof2andTTC
by Silver Member on Oct. 18, 2013 at 12:35 PM
2 moms liked this
Told my husband while I was getting ready to push that I wanted a bagel.

When I was getting the epidural I asked if I could get up to go pee afterwards lol (I was still in a lot of pain lol delirious)

After I had my son I was chanting to mysef as I got up to pee "walk like a tin man or fall" lol
bamamommy2009
by Silver Member on Oct. 18, 2013 at 12:35 PM
5 moms liked this

with my daughter the nurse was trying to keep me from tearing[i wasnt pushing yet just getting ready} and the nurse goes " o look at that hari!' so my mom looks and starts crying ' o shes got air look how long!' i remember Thinking "dear God please let that baby have hair! i havent seen down there in God knows how long please let that be the baby's!" she came out with hair all down her back- it was curly and so black but she was perfect!

with my son i threatened the nurses to get me a epidural our id strangle each and everyone of them with the kids umbelical cord if they made me do this without meds.....needs to say i do recall sweet relief by an epidural......toddler tantrum...my son slowed down{thank you God} and i pushed a few times he came right out and was my happy health chunky monkey :)

KennyPooPoo22
by Platinum Member on Oct. 18, 2013 at 12:36 PM
4 moms liked this
I told DH to stop petting me. Every time I pushed he would stroke the back of my head and it was pissing me off! Lol

My niece told her DF that he was eating to loud and to get his chomping ass away from her lololol
AmericanDream
by Bronze Member on Oct. 18, 2013 at 12:37 PM
40 moms liked this

When they put the mask on to give me oxygen I said, "Luke, I am your Father..."

sweetspice03
by Member on Oct. 18, 2013 at 12:38 PM

When I was in labor with ds, my sister called to get a relative's phone number.  Since she called me, she obviously knew the name and number of the hospital I was in.  I don't know if it was the pain meds or lack of sleep, but I asked her, "Oh, would you like the name and number of the hospital I'm at?".  She replied, "Uh, I just called you, silly, so of course I have it."  My mom cracked up laughing and wrote that moment down in my pregnancy journal.

NanaMomo
by Platinum Member on Oct. 18, 2013 at 12:39 PM
I had a csection with ds.

During the procedure I got incredibly nauseous, but I refused to throw up because I was convinced it would mess up whatever the doctor was doing. I remember each time I gagged I apologized. The doctor laughed and told me to just throw up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 18, 2013 at 12:40 PM
16 moms liked this

I was so freaking out of it (thanks to Demerol) when I had our first 5 weeks early.  When they showed him to me, I took one look at him and said "It's not cooked, put it back!"

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)