Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I grounded my 5yo DD *UPDATE* ETA Now WTF do I do? She's attacking people! And caused me to wreck this morning.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 237 Replies

She stole a permanent marker from my craft bag and used to write all over herself, and her 4mo sister. So she's grounded to her room for the evening. No toys, no movies, she doesn't get to go see SO's DD, NOTHING. I also took her mommy and me "date night" for this week away.

Does anyone have any other ideas? She's been violent towards her siblings, stabbed me with the stylus to her LeapPad, Said she's going to choke herself, lied, stolen repeatedly, bullied some younger children, screamed and fought me on everything this week. Including been late to school because of her fits. Plus kept SO's DD up playing until 11 some nights so that I've had to force them to bed. Her dad, SO, and I are all at the end of our ropes with her, out of ideas and I am OUT of patience.

***UPDATE*** She has ODD. And the psychiatrist told her dad he needs to get his anger issues under control before he's alone with her again because he's not helping the problems, if anything he's making them worse. The psychiatrist also said I am on the right track with dealing with her day to day behavior. Apparently he believes that the best ting I can do to correct the behavior is reinforce good behavior, but make the bad behavior not worth it. Take something away from her that she considers important, like a toy or a privilege, keep her room stripped for now and let her earn it back. It's going to be a long road, but I know it'll work out, though I may find myself pulling my hair out,

ETA~~~ She attacked me, and her two younger siblings the other night. I called my ex and we took her to the ER. She's was evaluated, diagnosed, and we were given some tools to work with. This morning she fought me getting ready for school, and once I got her in the car and the car in motion she unbuckled herself, launched into the front seat, and bit me, the started pulling my hair and hitting, as I was trying to pull safely off the road so I could contain her. As I was pulling off she kept getting more violent and bit me again, I jerked the wheel (reflex she bit me on the soft skin on the back of my arm and drew bloood) I hit the guard rail. I wasn't going fast. so the damage to the car isn't bad, other than the hole in my arm no one was hurt... I finally got her to school and she went after her assistant principal and an aide. I'm at loss, I don't know how to help her. 

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 18, 2013 at 6:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
abecee
by Platinum Member on Oct. 18, 2013 at 6:19 PM

Is this all new behavior for her?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 18, 2013 at 6:21 PM

She has phases, but it's never been this bad.

Quoting abecee:

Is this all new behavior for her?

abecee
by Platinum Member on Oct. 18, 2013 at 6:23 PM
3 moms liked this

I would be concerned that something is happening to her and she is acting out almost begging for help.  JMO

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 18, 2013 at 6:24 PM
3 moms liked this
Find out why she's behaving like that. If it's 'just because', wear her ass out.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 18, 2013 at 6:31 PM

She's either at school, or with me. IF I have to work late and for some reason can't bring it home, she goes with my best friend, who nannies the other two kids for me. So unless something is going on at school, she's in a safe environment.

Quoting abecee:

I would be concerned that something is happening to her and she is acting out almost begging for help.  JMO

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 18, 2013 at 6:31 PM

There's no reason I can find. And I have, more than once.

Quoting Anonymous:

Find out why she's behaving like that. If it's 'just because', wear her ass out.

vegaswife2011
by Emerald Member on Oct. 18, 2013 at 6:33 PM

Oh my. How long did that take her to do and how did you not notice?

2girlsMom.MN
by Bronze Member on Oct. 18, 2013 at 6:33 PM
3 moms liked this

Have her see a child psychologist and have a evaluation. I did with my kids and I was surprised at what they picked up that I didn't even realize was going on. I just knew my youngest behavior was off and just not right. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 18, 2013 at 6:36 PM

10-15 minutes. I was driving on the interstate, So I was paying more attention to the road than her.

Quoting vegaswife2011:

Oh my. How long did that take her to do and how did you not notice?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 18, 2013 at 6:37 PM
1 mom liked this

Early bedtime to herself so that they're not going to bed together. Lots of alone time in time out no warnings no nothing you do something wrong you go in time out end of story. Don't feed into the behavior by talking to her or giving her attention during punishment talk to her about what is going to happen before every situation (bed time, going into a store, playing with friends, etc) and if she doesn't behave punishment swiftly quietly and until she gets the point don't feed into it. Don't let yourself get stressed and make sure she's 100% away from other children during this time so that she's getting no positive/negitive attention at all during punishment.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured