Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I judge moms who divorce their husbands

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 179 Replies
6 moms liked this

I just moms who divorce their husbands because they 'fell out of love' but still get along, and their husband is a hard worker, a good dad and trying to make things work.  Im seeing a lot of this, this year. I know two moms who are my 'friends' that are divorcing their perfectly good husbands because the 'spark' is gone. Both have filed for divorce and one has not  moved out, and they have been with other guys on the side since before they filed. I judge them both and have no desire to be their friends anymore. One of the girls just moved out into a room she is renting from some college chick. She lives in the same town as her husband and sees her daughters twice a week. Her husband is in the military and works his ass off, and takes care of the kids all on his own. One of their kids is still just a baby and has special needs. She said she just wasnt in love with her husband anymore and started meeting guys from offline. Her husband was crushed and tried everything possible win her back. Her kids hate her now.

The other lady is a military woman and her husband is also in the military. She is just in the guard now and stays home most of the time with her kids. Her husband JUST got back from a deployment and she told him she wants a divorce. Come to find out, she has been shacking up with some young dude she met at drill. Her husband is trying to win her back but she is refusing and filed for divorce. Her reasoning was she just doesnt love him anymore.

So YES I do judge moms who cant get past the dulldrums in their marriages and throw it all away because they think they are not in love anymore. Love is a choice, not a feeeling. Its something that requires commitment and dedication. Lust is a temporary feeling that will come and go over the years. 

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 18, 2013 at 6:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Oct. 18, 2013 at 6:24 PM
21 moms liked this

Life is too short to be unhappy.

momoftwogirl55
by Platinum Member on Oct. 18, 2013 at 6:24 PM
3 moms liked this
Good for you. Want a judgmental cookie?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 18, 2013 at 6:25 PM
6 moms liked this

I disagree with love being a choice. You cannot force those feelings. My parents lost thir love YEARS ago, and the divorce was the best thing for them. ::shrugs::

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 18, 2013 at 6:25 PM
5 moms liked this

That is the lamest excuse. So what if your 'happiness' is at the expense of everyone elses? I would sacrifice 'lust' and 'romance' temporarily for the sake of my family any day.

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 18, 2013 at 6:25 PM

They chose not to love eachother.

Quoting Anonymous:

I disagree with love being a choice. You cannot force those feelings. My parents lost thir love YEARS ago, and the divorce was the best thing for them. ::shrugs::

Retrokitty
by Jasmyne on Oct. 18, 2013 at 6:26 PM
Humans really aren't supposed to mate for life only about 7 years. So biologically it makes sense. I do believe we can get past it but some people are more biologically incline than others.
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Oct. 18, 2013 at 6:26 PM
8 moms liked this

So don't divorce yours. What other people do with their marriages is their business.

Quoting Anonymous:

That is the lamest excuse. So what if your 'happiness' is at the expense of everyone elses? I would sacrifice 'lust' and 'romance' temporarily for the sake of my family any day.

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 18, 2013 at 6:27 PM

Not if they blast it all over facebook for everyone to see.

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

So don't divorce yours. What other people do with their marriages is their business.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 18, 2013 at 6:27 PM
3 moms liked this

I will take the one is a hard worker, good guy in the military who takes care of his kids. Send him my way. ;)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 18, 2013 at 6:27 PM
1 mom liked this

Why would anyone CHOOSE that with someone they married? That's not logical. I didn't choose to fall in love, it just happened. It's an uncontrollable feeling. Yes, some fall OUT of love. It happens. Emotions are  not alwasy controllable.

Quoting Anonymous:

They chose not to love eachother.

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)