Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Snappy comebacks for the rude comments you get during pregnancy.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 463 Replies
1 mom liked this
Let's share some good comebacks for when people lose their filter just because you are expecting!
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 19, 2013 at 12:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 19, 2013 at 12:45 AM
22 moms liked this
When a lady at church asked me if I was having twins, to be a snarky witch I replied with "no, just one. What's your excuse? Are you having triplets?" I was in a very bad mood that day & tired of people telling me how "huge" I am.
the_dude
by abides on Oct. 19, 2013 at 12:47 AM
28 moms liked this

when they ask what dude was having,  said, pretty sure, it's a human. 

KendallsMommee
by Spoiled SAHM on Oct. 19, 2013 at 12:48 AM
3 moms liked this
Never had that problem.
CBMMOM
by Gold Member on Oct. 19, 2013 at 12:49 AM
9 moms liked this

I've never had anybody be rude to me just because I was expecting. I wouldn't think that would be a common occurrence.

mattiehatter
by Mary on Oct. 19, 2013 at 12:50 AM
43 moms liked this
After my miscarriage a "everything happens for a reason" was met with a just like your stroke. Yeah.... Not one of my proudest moments.
svolkov
by Emerald Member on Oct. 19, 2013 at 12:51 AM
3 moms liked this
I got a LOT of "u r ready to pop...is baby overdue??"
No I'm just fat thanks lol
my bellies were huge!
And I said the same as dude....pretty sure I'm having a kid lol
the_dude
by abides on Oct. 19, 2013 at 12:52 AM
18 moms liked this

dude thinks its rude to ask what the gender is and when you say you don't know they treat you like you are insane... how can you buy or know what to ask for? smh, or  when people say "anytime now, huh?" no asshole, 8 more weeks to go... thanks...

lovelife350
by Platinum Member on Oct. 19, 2013 at 12:55 AM
12 moms liked this

that is probably the worse thing a person could say to someone after a person dies. 

Quoting mattiehatter:

After my miscarriage a "everything happens for a reason" was met with a just like your stroke. Yeah.... Not one of my proudest moments.

ImNotKarl
by Also Not Paul on Oct. 19, 2013 at 12:56 AM
22 moms liked this

I used to like to pretend I WASN'T pregnant. People feel really awkward when they come up and touch your belly and start asking questions, and you're like, "Ummm... I'm not pregnant. What are you saying? Do I LOOK pregnant?" But you have to say it like you mean it. Put a little bit of bitch offended chick in your tone. 

I also used to have people asking "What are you having?" I'd always answer, "Hmmm, a squirrel, I think."

If it was someone I knew and they lost their ability to properly gauge a situation and lost their social filter or etiquette, I'd just respond as sarcastically as possible, but with a completely serious demeanor just to throw them off. "Please tell me you're done after this?" "Actually, we're planning on getting pregnant again right away so the clothes we buy this baby will still be in style. We're joining the quiverful movement. Wanna hear about the positions we're going to try to achieve a faster conception?" Stuff like that. 

On CM I'm all mild manners and making sense. In real life I'm a sarcastic asshole.

I am NOT Karl. But I might still eat your hands.

lalaballet
by Platinum Member on Oct. 19, 2013 at 12:58 AM
7 moms liked this
Was told multiple times to keep an aspirin between my knees (so my legs wouldn't open)... and I told them my husband wouldn't be happy.

Don't I have tv?... Well this is more fun.

Don't I have other things to do?... Do you see anything else to do around here?

Four is a lot and I have to be done... We will adopt five more!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)