Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Dirtiest room in the house. What is it?

Posted by   + Show Post

Master bedroom. You can pick whatever description you prefer, disorgnized, cluttered, chaos. All of those describe our m bedroom. I'm pretty sure its because in our house all the bedrooms are upstairs, and we stay downstairs all day. So by the time we are done for the night and go up to bed, nobody feels like cleaning it.

by on Oct. 19, 2013 at 3:58 AM
Replies (31-40):
mylifemylove864
by Ruby Member on Oct. 19, 2013 at 7:32 AM
We are in a whole lot of trouble if we move to a house that size. We now live in a 3,000 sq ft home. There is no way we can downsize to a 1000 sq ft home. No way at all.

Quoting CrimsonRose01:

I've gotten to see a few of my friends homes who were lucky enough to live off base (although we don't have to worry about paying utilities, so maybe we are the lucky ones lol) and I always think to myself "Man, I'd have room for such and such if we had this house. I've gotten rid of several pieces of furniture, and there's more I need to get rid of. I've tried to de-clutter but most of the stuff in the boxes is stuff I don't want to get rid of (like my scrap-booking supplies, things like that) but I have no place to store them. 

Quoting PrimalMom:

Same for us, well we didn't move on post but at our duty station now the townhouse is smaller than the house we just had. I think I just had most of our clutter outside in the garage in our last home. We've gotten rid of stuff and you can't tell one bit.

Quoting CrimsonRose01:

Right now, the master bedroom. We moved from a 1600 sq foot house to a house on base that just just around 1000 (although they claim it's 1200...BS lol. We have had to get rid of a lot of stuff, and we still have boxes of unpacked things that we don't have room for in the bedroom. I don't know what I'm going to do with it :/

CeeGee81
by CanadaGirl on Oct. 19, 2013 at 7:34 AM

Laundry room...it's dusty and has the litter boxes in it so......

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 19, 2013 at 7:34 AM
The master bedroom or the kids rooms/playroom. Right now it is the master bedroom.because the kids cleaned last night.
ccnstanczak
by Gold Member on Oct. 19, 2013 at 7:37 AM

my room. its always the last to be cleaned and since no one goes in there its my go to place to put things that need a home. it is not dirty but i have boxes of crap i need to go through. since im painting my house, im boxing stuff up and half of it is my exes. i just havnt really found the time.

rory10
by Bronze Member on Oct. 19, 2013 at 7:46 AM

Think I'm going to go with Kitchen. Typically there's dirty dinner dishes till 10 or 11 am. My floors always look dirty cuz they're off white and came with wood stain on a couple. My table, which is wore of a work space since there's next to no light on my counter always has something on it that doesn't belong. Not to mention I have a Christmas tree where a washer and dryer would go/ And the walls and cabinets are  all that wood paneling stuff.

TaralynnStewart
by Platinum Member on Oct. 19, 2013 at 7:49 AM
Maybe my 3y/o DD room. House stays pretty clean and definitely organized
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CrimsonRose01
by ~Cassandra~ on Oct. 19, 2013 at 8:13 AM

Yeah, we didn't have much of a choice in the matter. All the houses are small here (we are stationed in Japan). Looking forward to a bigger house when we go back to the States (won't be for a while we've been here for less than a year lol. 

Quoting mylifemylove864:

We are in a whole lot of trouble if we move to a house that size. We now live in a 3,000 sq ft home. There is no way we can downsize to a 1000 sq ft home. No way at all.

Quoting CrimsonRose01:

I've gotten to see a few of my friends homes who were lucky enough to live off base (although we don't have to worry about paying utilities, so maybe we are the lucky ones lol) and I always think to myself "Man, I'd have room for such and such if we had this house. I've gotten rid of several pieces of furniture, and there's more I need to get rid of. I've tried to de-clutter but most of the stuff in the boxes is stuff I don't want to get rid of (like my scrap-booking supplies, things like that) but I have no place to store them. 

Quoting PrimalMom:

Same for us, well we didn't move on post but at our duty station now the townhouse is smaller than the house we just had. I think I just had most of our clutter outside in the garage in our last home. We've gotten rid of stuff and you can't tell one bit.

Quoting CrimsonRose01:

Right now, the master bedroom. We moved from a 1600 sq foot house to a house on base that just just around 1000 (although they claim it's 1200...BS lol. We have had to get rid of a lot of stuff, and we still have boxes of unpacked things that we don't have room for in the bedroom. I don't know what I'm going to do with it :/

mariesmama
by on Oct. 19, 2013 at 8:14 AM

livingroom, behind the chairs is dd's play area i'd say that she's 4

GleekingOut
by Platinum Member on Oct. 19, 2013 at 8:15 AM

kid's bathroom.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 19, 2013 at 8:16 AM
My sons need to scrub their bathroom today. The rest of the house is clean... Their bathroom isn't filthy, but it needs cleaning. I clean the rest of the house myself so it's all good besides that.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)