Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

McDonalds birthday party rant. LONG.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 154 Replies
2 moms liked this
I am planning a party in about 2 1/2-3 weeks for my LO and decided last minute that we would settle on McDonalds play place. I looked into chuck'e'cheese, the YMCA indoor playground and the rec center, the party will most likely be on a Saturday because that's when most people are free and no school. I ruled out Chuckie's because it is too expensive (10+ kids attending), it is packed on a Saturday and there are a few children with special needs including mine and a more controlled environment is preferred.
The other two didn't have dates for the time frame I wanted and were out of my price range as well.

So McD's it is, it is within my budget and the play place is newly updated in a nicer area of town and we get the whole area for two hours. It is small enough for the parents to watch and control their kids, but big enough for the kids to slide, jump and have a good time.
Food does come with the party package, but they said it was okay for me to bring food from outside if I wanted as well, so I do plan on bringing a few homemade foods and cake for those who don't eat McDs. So mainly I am having the party here for the indoor playground because it's too damn cold outside and because my home is in the process of getting remodeled.

Tonight my friend called and asked me about the party and I told her where it was at and what my plans were and she audibly gasped and said "What the hell, hahaha, that's so fucking cheap!"

I was quite taken back at her response, she is the last person to call me "cheap". I do not live with my in laws and have them pay for everything and provide free child care for me, I do not receive fs, Medicaid or wic, I am not on the public housing list and I don't spend $500 on toys in one day for my kids just for the hell of it.

I don't get public assistance so I can live a lifestyle that I could never afford without PA. Actually, my husband works his ass off, we pay for our insurance, our bills, our own food and save whatever "extra" we have so we can give our children a better future and a good education, it also helps if we were ever to fall on hard times.

I budget for our home very well and we get only our necessities. In the end, my kids are happy, warm and fed, and that is all that matters.

I could give a shit if you think having my child's party at a fast food joint is "cheap and trashy", I'm doing it so my child can have a good time and celebrate with their friends and family, you can sit your welfare mooching, entitled ass at home if you don't like it. This is what I could afford right now, my kid doesn't care and I doubt if any other kids would either.

It just irks me how materialistic and entitled people are becoming. Really? It's a child's birthday party, not a wedding. Get the fuck over it.

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 19, 2013 at 4:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 19, 2013 at 5:00 AM
Bump
goldpandora
by Silver Member on Oct. 19, 2013 at 5:01 AM
21 moms liked this

I think we have come to a sad, sad time when a child's birthday party is judged by how much money you spend on it ... That really isn't what it's about.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 19, 2013 at 5:02 AM

Cool? 

suzanneyea
by on Oct. 19, 2013 at 5:02 AM
1 mom liked this

Do you really want a friend like that in your life?

my son has been to several parties at McDonald's and Burger King. He had a great time.

i think a McDonald's party is more than fine. This other woman was very rude.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 19, 2013 at 5:05 AM
1 mom liked this
I think it's a little tacky I personally wouldn't do it. She shouldn't have said anything though it was out of line. Drop her and move on.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 19, 2013 at 5:05 AM
I agree. Cheap and trashy.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 19, 2013 at 5:06 AM
Maybe you shouldn't have had kids if you can't give them nice things?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 19, 2013 at 5:06 AM
Yeah forget her it doesn't even matter! I'm sorry your friend is a bitch!
ThatsHeart19
by on Oct. 19, 2013 at 5:07 AM
I agree with you op.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 19, 2013 at 5:07 AM
1 mom liked this
I actually calmly told her, if she feels like she is too good for McDonalds, then her royal ass isn't obligated to show up for something that I am paying for. I told her that she was the last person to say that anything I did was "cheap or trashy" and I hung up because my kid woke up.

Quoting suzanneyea:

Do you really want a friend like that in your life?

my son has been to several parties at McDonald's and Burger King. He had a great time.

i think a McDonald's party is more than fine. This other woman was very rude.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN