Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do I cancel??

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 23 Replies
So my daughters party is today and people came from out Of state to come, I spent all night making food for the party and all. I have bad allergies and my eye was acting up yesterday, I found some eye drops and I took some Zyrtec and I was fine for a while. A few hours later my eye itched.. I don't know how I got it, I'm not 100% it's pink eye, but maybe 80%.

Should I cancel the party? My kids appear to be fine..
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 19, 2013 at 6:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 19, 2013 at 6:26 AM

Wear sunglasses and party on. 

Okie-chick
by on Oct. 19, 2013 at 6:27 AM
It's probably just allergies. My eyes itch when mine act up. It's annoying but I deal with no meds. They all make me drowsy during the day time.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 19, 2013 at 6:28 AM

i wouldnt.. id grin through it and wear laytex gloves 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 19, 2013 at 6:29 AM
Why do you think it's pink eye? If it is, is there someone else who could host?
tinkay
by on Oct. 19, 2013 at 6:29 AM
No, I would go through with it. You don't know for sure if it is pink eye, so go on with the party.
Grnyann65
by on Oct. 19, 2013 at 6:29 AM
Depending on what time your party is....go to a walk-in clinic, and make sure it's pink-eye before you cancel. Maybe warn people, and wear an eye patch. If I came from out of state specifically to attend a party...I'd still show up.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 19, 2013 at 6:33 AM
Why jump to pink eye? Is it going around at the moment?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Oct. 19, 2013 at 6:33 AM

Don't cancel the party.  Maybe you just scratched the eye.  I used to have the worst itchy eyes from allergies.  The worst days, both eyes were pink and swollen.  If you see goop, then it's a sign that it is pink eye.  In that case, you should cover the eye with a patch wash your hands frequently.

haileys_mommy06
by Silver Member on Oct. 19, 2013 at 6:36 AM
If it was pink eye I think you would experience along with the itchiness , watery eyes and greenish goop.
Keara20
by Platinum Member on Oct. 19, 2013 at 6:36 AM
Was your hair in your eyes at all? My eye has even acting up since I've been growing out my bangs. If one strand of hair touches my eye it acts up for hours.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)