Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Walmart screwing me over

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 225 Replies
I work at Walmart. It's sort of a "in the meanwhile" job while I sort some other things out in my life.
Anyway I used to work night shift so my availability indicated I was able to work at 6am...because I was working 11pm-7am.
Well I got promoted to manager of the meat department and was excited to be on day shift.
I was told I could work 7-3. 6:50 is the time that the earliest bus gets there.
Now they are saying I have to start at 6. There is no way I can get there for that time. A cab is $20. I can't afford $100 a week in cab fare!

I put in a sheet to change my availability and the store manager denied it.

So I have just been showing up for 7. There's nothing I can do about it.
Then I just found out when I go in for my shift tomorrow that I'm getting written up for being late.

I'm probably going to get fired in afew days.
Now I'm job hunting and it's going to suck, plus I will be losing my medical benefits.

Fml

Edit*. They TOLD ME start time was 7. They knew before I started that is when I could get there. I had been working this position for afew weeks when they told me I now had to start at 6.
I don't have acar because my husband took it when he left us in May.
I can't go back to my old position because they have already moved somebody else there.
I am going to try to get moved to another department but I doubt it will happen.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 19, 2013 at 8:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
julainepw
by Bronze Member on Oct. 19, 2013 at 8:23 AM
3 moms liked this
Can you get a ride with a coworker?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 19, 2013 at 8:23 AM
6 moms liked this
You accepted a manager position. you need to be there when they say to be there. that is partt of being a manager.
mommytoeandb
by Platinum Member on Oct. 19, 2013 at 8:24 AM
1 mom liked this

:(

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 19, 2013 at 8:24 AM

:( sorry momma. It seems like a lot of us get one step forward only to get shoved backwards down a flight of stairs :(

TiffanyRose06
by Queso<3 on Oct. 19, 2013 at 8:24 AM
That sucks. I work in meat and my manager gets in at 5, but the assts would be more understanding
emmypaige
by on Oct. 19, 2013 at 8:24 AM
1 mom liked this
That sucks.
KairisMama
by Emerald Member on Oct. 19, 2013 at 8:25 AM
1 mom liked this
If you were TOLD you could work 7-3, then they suck for expecting you earlier. Paying 100 in cab fair isn't worth it.

I've worked at SAMS. They LIE about working with your schedule.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 19, 2013 at 8:25 AM
3 moms liked this

they aren't screwing you over, they are treating you just like any other employee, if your schedule says 6, its your responsibility to make sure you get there by 6, if you come in an hr late everyday, you should get written up.

No I dont want to hear your excuses about the bus or cab either, it doesn't matter.

My dd works 2 jobs and walks to both , always makes sure shes on time..

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 19, 2013 at 8:25 AM
1 mom liked this

Inform Walmart that you are declining the promotion and will stick with your old schedule.

hplesha
by Gold Member on Oct. 19, 2013 at 8:26 AM
Ask if you can resign from being the manager and ask to be demoted with the hours you're available to work
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)