Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm going out with my best guy friend tonight

Posted by on Oct. 19, 2013 at 9:38 AM
  • 20 Replies
I'm always excited to get out of the house.
I think we are going to the Hustler Club or maybe a lounge to get some hookah.

Anyway, my DF hasn't met him yet, and I'm really wondering when they will ever met! Enough is enough already lol.
So I might try to introduce them tonight or set up a lunch for next week.
Df is really stand-offish and never really wanted to meet some of my friends.
Drives me crazy

Anyone else have a "stick to themselves" type of man?
by on Oct. 19, 2013 at 9:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
New.OrleansLady
by on Oct. 19, 2013 at 9:41 AM

No, DH isn't that way but he's never met my best guy friend. We've been together for 8 yrs and married for 5.5yrs. With Dh's work schedule and my friend's schedule there never near the same place at the sametime. I always talk to him but didn't see my friend for almost 2 yrs because he was so absorbed in creating an App that just launched mid september :) So proud of him. I finally had lunch with him last week! 

Doesn't bother Dh one bit when I see him or whatever He always says well have fun! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 19, 2013 at 9:43 AM
I went out to the titty bar with a guy friend last night. He used to be our neighbor and our kids play together, so DH has met him. Usually though, DH is totally antisocial
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 19, 2013 at 9:44 AM

Are you sure you want to marry someone who doesn't want to meet your friends and is stand-offish?

Being excited to get out of  your house without df is not a good sign. Shouldn't your best guy friend be your df, as in, when people say "My husband is my best friend"?

Dolce-Vita
by on Oct. 19, 2013 at 9:44 AM
Yay for your friend! I know starting something is really difficult. :)
But yeah, DF doesn't mind... he told me to have fun too lol. My friend was my friend for over 10 years, and I find it odd that they haven't met yet.
He hasn't even met my son (since he hasn't met DF I thought it would be disrespectful for him to meet ds first lol)

Quoting New.OrleansLady:

No, DH isn't that way but he's never met my best guy friend. We've been together for 8 yrs and married for 5.5yrs. With Dh's work schedule and my friend's schedule there never near the same place at the sametime. I always talk to him but didn't see my friend for almost 2 yrs because he was so absorbed in creating an App that just launched mid september :) So proud of him. I finally had lunch with him last week! 

Doesn't bother Dh one bit when I see him or whatever He always says well have fun! 

Dolce-Vita
by on Oct. 19, 2013 at 9:46 AM
Hell no. My friend is like my family. He's not attractive in the least bit.
I have always known that df likes his own little bubble, I'm trying to expand his horizons now. He doesn't like going out, but I do since I'm in the house ALL day.
I don't have to be to stuck to df all the time.
I'm just as excited to go out with my female friends

Quoting Anonymous:

Are you sure you want to marry someone who doesn't want to meet your friends and is stand-offish?

Being excited to get out of  your house without df is not a good sign. Shouldn't your best guy friend be your df, as in, when people say "My husband is my best friend"?

lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on Oct. 19, 2013 at 9:47 AM
2 moms liked this

No I couldn't be with that kind of guy. I am very social dh isn't as social but he isn't a totally homebody either.

Dolce-Vita
by on Oct. 19, 2013 at 9:48 AM
Yeah df is antisocial too. Lol
Someone waves at him and he notices, but doesn't wave back.
I'm extra friendly, maybe because I've worked in retail for years so I had to be

Quoting Anonymous:

I went out to the titty bar with a guy friend last night. He used to be our neighbor and our kids play together, so DH has met him. Usually though, DH is totally antisocial

Heisenberg
by on Oct. 19, 2013 at 9:49 AM

My DH is social, but usually  I go out without him because he's watching the kids.

EricaG87
by Gold Member on Oct. 19, 2013 at 9:50 AM

DH requested that I get rid of all my male friends :( I miss some of them and it made me sad but I also understood.  None of them respected our relationship and would always try to make things inappropriate betwwen me and them.  It sucks because I don't have many female friends, so now I don't have very many friends at all. He didn't set a double standard though, he let go of any and all friendships with any females as well.  But your post does make me miss going out and grabbing a drink with one of my buddies!

Dolce-Vita
by on Oct. 19, 2013 at 9:50 AM
Yeah, nighttimes we don't have a sitter so ds is either with me and df goes out or vice versa

Quoting Heisenberg:

My DH is social, but usually  I go out without him because he's watching the kids.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN