Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Lets just get this done now......... ToT and food allergies

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 46 Replies
2 moms liked this
Let's start the allergy whining posts now and get it out of the way before halloween. Please bitch here on how people should cater to your snowflake. How peanut products should be banned from earth. How your child will have a reaction from touching the candy because you couldn't properly go through it and find what your child could and could not have. How you can't teach your child to deal with having to give up half their candy due to allergies. Etc etc.

And before anyone tries saying I must not understand, my child is 5. He has food allergies. We've been doing this since birth with him. He knows what he can and can't eat. He's also special needs and this year he will trick or treat but he is not able to eat any candy. In fact he can't eat any food at all! He's strictly fed formula not even into his stomach but small intestine. But there will not be any accidental allergy issues or disappointment in our home. Why? Because we have taught our child to accept this part of his life and will do something in exchange for his candy.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 19, 2013 at 11:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 19, 2013 at 11:06 AM

some dentists in our area buy back the candy from trick or treaters, look into it and see if there is 1 in your area.

kaffedrikke
by Gold Member on Oct. 19, 2013 at 11:07 AM

Im lucky my kids have no allergies. My nieces and nephews from one sil.. thats a different story. One girl its bee, apple peel, and pollens the other girl its skin allergies and now their youngest son has a severe wheat allergy.

AllieReed
by Gold Member on Oct. 19, 2013 at 11:07 AM

Lol, let's not! I get so sick of reading that mess. DD has peanut allergy & I have never expected people to cater to her. I only expected teachers to be extra careful when she was too young to know.

abecee
by on Oct. 19, 2013 at 11:07 AM

Thank you.  I'm sorry about your child. But I deeply admire your approach to his allergy.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 19, 2013 at 11:10 AM
2 moms liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

some dentists in our area buy back the candy from trick or treaters, look into it and see if there is 1 in your area.

Did you see in the movie "Mermaids" Mrs. Flax giving out sample tubes of toothpaste for trick or treat?  Love that woman.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 19, 2013 at 11:11 AM

lmao

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Did you see in the movie "Mermaids" Mrs. Flax giving out sample tubes of toothpaste for trick or treat?  Love that woman.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 19, 2013 at 11:11 AM
3 moms liked this
Yeah I totally get that about teachers being careful when they are too young. And I'm the same way, we don't expect our sons school to change policies, family to give up beloved snacks, etc. He has to live in this world, better learn how now!

Quoting AllieReed:

Lol, let's not! I get so sick of reading that mess. DD has peanut allergy & I have never expected people to cater to her. I only expected teachers to be extra careful when she was too young to know.

gabenmikeysmom
by Silver Member on Oct. 19, 2013 at 11:12 AM
Well bless your heart...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 19, 2013 at 11:14 AM
http://www.halloweencandybuyback.com/
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 19, 2013 at 11:15 AM
That was one of the ideas we discussed. We still may do it cuz we heard they send it to the troops! But we decided to go with the great pumpkin and leave the candy for the pumpkin and he will exchange it for a toy, which we decided to get him a new Wii game cuz he's been through a lot lately (hospital stays, er, tests).

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)