Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

would you take your child to the dr (walk in)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 88 Replies
every single day when we put ds for a nap, (now we are starting to wean his naps and see if it helps the situation) or down for bed, he screams bloody murder. we have a routine. we have tired it completely dark. night light. lights on. sitting right next to him soothing him. sitting next to him but facing the door, so he can see the side of my face. sitting across the room. (all this playing music and or talking to him... even tried not saying anything with and without music) I've tried leaving the room and cio for 2, 4, 6....and 30mins. I've tried letting him stay up with me. until 11. and trying again. I've tried an earlier bedtime and a later bed time.(his normal bedtime is 730). but he still screams bloody murder for hrs. I'm about to rip my hair out. it breaks my heart. we've also been treating him homopathicly for an ear infection. (garlic oil ear drops. and tylenol for pain or fever) but he still screams for hr. I've tried peppermint tea for tummy troubles. I've tried sleepy time tea to calm him down. I've tried warm milk ... he's 22m. I've read that a lot of kids go through this... but one thing we've noticed is his appitte droped. he eats 1/4 of what he normally ate. this has gone on for a month...
I'm not even sure if the dr could do anything.

*waiting in the walk in (its at his doctors office but his dr isn't the walk in)

he doesnt have an ear infection. nothing seems to be wrong. he's is just acting like a normal 22m old. they are sending him for gloclose test and urine. because he is peeing a lot and not eating as much as he use to
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 19, 2013 at 11:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
purpleducky
by Ruby Member on Oct. 19, 2013 at 11:26 AM
I would go to rule out stuff.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 19, 2013 at 11:26 AM
6 moms liked this

omg take him to the dr for antibiotics, everytime he lays down the pain gets worse. Give him some baby motrin to make him more comfortable, the poor kid...

OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Oct. 19, 2013 at 11:27 AM
1 mom liked this

Why would you think you could treat an INFECTION without antibiotics???

Poor kid :(

Laying down is the problem, I'm sure it HURTS.

AVE SATANAS!
shygrl3cccm
by Bronze Member on Oct. 19, 2013 at 11:28 AM
Would I take my son to a walk in medical care? Yes did it all the time when he was an infant (not literally all the time) - never thought about it twice. Sorry sounds rough hope it gets better for you.
briellesmomma
by Velvet on Oct. 19, 2013 at 11:30 AM
We have urgent care centers here. Thank goodness. If i need to go they are open every weekend and holidays.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 19, 2013 at 11:30 AM
he had a ear infection before and we use antibiotics and they didn't help him at all. and I went in right away

Quoting OwlNuggets:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 19, 2013 at 11:32 AM
3 moms liked this

Quoting OwlNuggets:

Because some infections are viral and the body needs to fight them on its own. The body is capable of fighting off bacterial infections without antibiotics as well. The overuse of antibiotics has caused huge issues with out immune systems. 

Do you think people died of ear infections before penicillin was discovered?

OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Oct. 19, 2013 at 11:33 AM

That doesn't mean stop using them!!! Honey, if they didn't work you tell the doctor and they switch the antibiotic for a different one. They give the weakest, lowest possible doseage because usually that's enough but every child has a different immunity system.

Ear infections are serious...you want to get them under control now or risk having to get tubes put in his ears.

Quoting Anonymous:

he had a ear infection before and we use antibiotics and they didn't help him at all. and I went in right away

Quoting OwlNuggets:

AVE SATANAS!
outtamymynd
by Ruby Member on Oct. 19, 2013 at 11:33 AM
1 mom liked this
A month? Poor baby! Get him back to the doctor, what is wrong with you?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Oct. 19, 2013 at 11:34 AM
3 moms liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

Because some infections are viral and the body needs to fight them on its own. The body is capable of fighting off bacterial infections without antibiotics as well. The overuse of antibiotics has caused huge issues with out immune systems. 

Do you think people died of ear infections before penicillin was discovered?

Yes, but more likely they went fucking deaf!!!

This is not even a valid argument. We have modern medicine and an infection should be treated immediately.

AVE SATANAS!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)