Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm honored, excited, nervous, and a hot mess!

Posted by on Oct. 19, 2013 at 1:05 PM
  • 35 Replies
2 moms liked this

A good friend of mine is being induced Monday if she doesn't go into labor this weekend. She & her husband (who is SO's best friend) asked me to be in the room when Baby is born. I am thrilled. I've never been on the other side. I never expected them to ask me to be in the room, like, I wanted to see her after & stuff. But I'm just, Idk. lol I'm so happy to be a part of this wonderful part of their life. 

We are going to the pumpkin patch today so maybe all the walking will help things along & she'll go before Monday. I don't want to miss work, because I'm having a hysterectomy in less than 2 weeks & I'll be out for awhile. But I'll totally call in to be there. haha 

by on Oct. 19, 2013 at 1:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tifbrown
by on Oct. 19, 2013 at 1:07 PM
Lucky! I would love to be in the delivery room with someone I'm close with. I'm sure it will all go well. Be calm and supportive of momma. Good luck to all, enjoy :)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 19, 2013 at 1:10 PM
1 mom liked this
Enjoy I got to be in the room with my step sister and with my best friend. It is very different being on the other side.
lovinmykiddo07
by Ruby Member on Oct. 19, 2013 at 1:10 PM

Quoting tifbrown:

Lucky! I would love to be in the delivery room with someone I'm close with. I'm sure it will all go well. Be calm and supportive of momma. Good luck to all, enjoy :)

I know! We had a rough patch in our relationship around the time of her wedding so she didn't put me in it. lol We've patched things up but I never expected them to ask me to be in the room. But none of the family is flying out until AFTER so it'll be me & her DH. I'm so excited! 

lovinmykiddo07
by Ruby Member on Oct. 19, 2013 at 1:10 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Enjoy I got to be in the room with my step sister and with my best friend. It is very different being on the other side.

Any advice?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 19, 2013 at 1:13 PM
Be very supportive!

Quoting lovinmykiddo07:

Quoting Anonymous:

Any advice?

lovinmykiddo07
by Ruby Member on Oct. 19, 2013 at 1:15 PM

haha I couldn't imagine not being supportive. My labor was so easy, I'm just worried that hers will be hard on her. :( 

Quoting Anonymous:

Be very supportive!

Quoting lovinmykiddo07:

Quoting Anonymous:

Any advice?

IndigoRose
by on Oct. 19, 2013 at 1:17 PM
1 mom liked this

I was my daughter's labor coach when she had her first baby.  It's a thrill.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 19, 2013 at 1:18 PM
I got to be there when my neice was born, I cried lol
NoahsMommy10412
by Silver Member on Oct. 19, 2013 at 1:23 PM

Awesome! Enjoy it. I was in the room when my sister gave birth to both her boys. The first one, I held her leg and blacked out. The second one, I stayed in the back of the room with her first born.

Jodee24
by Gold Member on Oct. 19, 2013 at 1:27 PM
It's so amazing!! I was in the room for my sister and my sister in law! Congrats to your friend!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)