Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Welp DH and I accidentally played with fire...TMI... ****UPDATE 11/1****

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 78 Replies
1 mom liked this
Dh and I have used NFP for the last 4 years. We have never had a pregnancy scare. Today when I got home from work (around 1pm) he decided he would go shower so we could run some errands. He sent me a message saying I should join him for a quickie. We haven't had sex in over a week because we've been so busy. We've been exhausted when we go to bed at night. Not thinking anything of it I went and joined him. I went to note it in my period tracker and now I'm kicking myself jn the ass for not paying attention to it when I opened it this morning. I haven't really been paying too much attention because we have been so busy and haven't had time to be intimate. I'm fertile and should ovulate either tomorrow or Monday. I always ovulate on day 16 but my last period started in the middle of the night (very weird for me) so I'm not sure if I will ovulate some time tomorrow or Monday. So now it's a waiting game to see if we get burned or not. Usually we abstain from sex the week I'm fertile.

****UPDATE**** I ovulated Sunday 10/20. Today 11/1 I got a BFP. I've suspected I was pregnant for the last week but waited to test until today. I tested at 11:30pm. I haven't told DH yet.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 19, 2013 at 4:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Heymamashakeit
by on Oct. 19, 2013 at 4:28 PM
1 mom liked this
If you're not against it you can go get the Plan B pill.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 19, 2013 at 4:28 PM
I know if you use spermacide before sex it kills sperm for awhile. Would it work after sex if no egg has been released yet?
supermama322
by Kaylee on Oct. 19, 2013 at 4:30 PM
1 mom liked this
Get the plan b pill
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 19, 2013 at 4:30 PM
1 mom liked this
I can't use hormonal anything. Hence why we use NFP. I tried hormonal birth control after Ds was born and it messed with me really bad. Never again.

Quoting Heymamashakeit:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 19, 2013 at 4:32 PM
1 mom liked this
The sperm start swimming right away. The purpose of a spermacide is to prevent sperm from entering the cervix.

Quoting Anonymous:

I know if you use spermacide before sex it kills sperm for awhile. Would it work after sex if no egg has been released yet?
Abby.N.Amys.Mom
by on Oct. 19, 2013 at 4:32 PM
That stinks. Hope it works out in your favor. So glad my tubes are tied lol.
SpnFulOfSugar
by on Oct. 19, 2013 at 4:32 PM
1 mom liked this
Unless you want to risk an unplanned pregnancy I would try it. I don't handle hormonal birth control well and haven't been on it for 5 years but in a situation like that I would deal with the crappy side effects.

Quoting Anonymous:

I can't use hormonal anything. Hence why we use NFP. I tried hormonal birth control after Ds was born and it messed with me really bad. Never again.

Quoting Heymamashakeit:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 19, 2013 at 4:33 PM
1 mom liked this

Why not have him use a condom?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 19, 2013 at 4:34 PM
Dh has no children of his own. My Ds is 5. We want at least 2 more but this is not the right time. We are trying to move and switch schools for Ds.

Quoting Abby.N.Amys.Mom:

That stinks. Hope it works out in your favor. So glad my tubes are tied lol.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 19, 2013 at 4:35 PM
I knew it was a stupid question lol. I've never used spermacide and figured it wouldn't work that way but was hoping it would lol. Fingers crossed for ya.

Quoting Anonymous:

The sperm start swimming right away. The purpose of a spermacide is to prevent sperm from entering the cervix.

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)