Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

do you have to have a catheter

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 52 Replies
When you get an epidural? I saw the featured post and was wondering...ive had 2 csec and absolutely hate having a catheter im going to do a vbac for this babe and dont want an epi if id have a catheter.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 19, 2013 at 7:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Aslen
by Ruby Member on Oct. 19, 2013 at 7:52 PM
Yes, you do
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 19, 2013 at 7:53 PM
1 mom liked this

I did and I did not want them to take it out as I had a c-section and it meant I had to get up to use the washroom!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 19, 2013 at 7:53 PM

Yes. You have no feeling down there or min. Would you want to not have control of bodily functions without assistance? 

MIA0223
by Emerald Member on Oct. 19, 2013 at 7:54 PM
You don't have to. I had one though because I had to pee and couldn't. They let me try first though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 19, 2013 at 7:54 PM

I had one, but if I ever have any more kids, I will refuse. I am STILL dealing with an injury I had from a catheter/overzelous asshole nurse almost 2 years ago.

Stephd710
by Ruby Member on Oct. 19, 2013 at 7:55 PM
Lol! I wanted mine out as soon as I got feeling back. I hate those things!!

Quoting Anonymous:

I did and I did not want them to take it out as I had a c-section and it meant I had to get up to use the washroom!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 19, 2013 at 7:55 PM

If you ever have more kids, try breathing through a straw if you have to pee and can't. It sounds so silly, but it really works!

Quoting MIA0223:

You don't have to. I had one though because I had to pee and couldn't. They let me try first though.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 19, 2013 at 7:55 PM
Screw that. What else are they able to offer for pain that doesn't require you to get the catheter?

Quoting Aslen:

Yes, you do

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 19, 2013 at 7:56 PM
No I wouldn't. What other options are there for pain relief?

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes. You have no feeling down there or min. Would you want to not have control of bodily functions without assistance? 

MIA0223
by Emerald Member on Oct. 19, 2013 at 7:57 PM
Lol. I will try it if.it comes up.again!
I don't plan on an epi again, but I also don't plan on it last time either but I.caved to DH and the nurses pressure :/

Quoting Anonymous:

If you ever have more kids, try breathing through a straw if you have to pee and can't. It sounds so silly, but it really works!

Quoting MIA0223:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)