Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Does anyone else's significant other do this?

Posted by on Oct. 19, 2013 at 11:14 PM
  • 95 Replies
We've been dating for six months. I've cooked dinner a whole three times. I love cooking. But I absolutely hate how he has to show me how to do things. Okay and I don't mind if someone has a little opinion but it gets to the point where he has a say in the entire meal and I don't cook any of it. If he would just back off and let me do it the way that I want, it wouldn't matter to me about an opinion.

This happens more than just cooking. Cooking is the main thing though. I just don't even feel like an individual with him. As far as cooking, cleaning, history, science, parenting (I told him to fuck off in a nice way), just everything is his way.

I've mentioned to him that it bothers me but he takes it as I don't care about his opinions. I do but let me be the one to teach you something I know. Let me show you how I do things. It doesn't even matter it seems because its not his way. Then he twists it to where I don't care what he has to say.

Whatever. So here I sit. On the couch. While he cooks the meal that I tried to prepare when he didn't even want to eat. It was for my son and I and he would eat a little when he was hungry. That's what we talked about earlier. Then it was let me show you how to cook corn, let me show you how to peel potatoes the right way, so I said fuck it.

When we first started dating he didn't like me smoking, so I quit. Then he tried to parent my son, I told him to back off. Why can't he just shut the fuck up and deal with me and how I do everything. I wish he could just accept that I do things the way that I want. He does things the way he wants.

So sick of this shit.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 19, 2013 at 11:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rvb146
by Gold Member on Oct. 19, 2013 at 11:15 PM
I just don't feel like an individual, a mother or a woman when he does this. I feel like a nobody :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 19, 2013 at 11:16 PM
1 mom liked this
Sounds like you're already pretty annoyed with him. Id say those are some big red flags!
Lawdhavemercy2
by on Oct. 19, 2013 at 11:16 PM
4 moms liked this
After 6 months?! Nooooo..... run.. Fast...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 19, 2013 at 11:16 PM
I hate hate hate to cook. I would love a man that wanted to take over that area.
lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on Oct. 19, 2013 at 11:18 PM

Do you live together ?

happymomma13
by Platinum Member on Oct. 19, 2013 at 11:18 PM
1 mom liked this
You don't need that controlling freak.

Lose him.

You are perfectly capable. You and your son. <3
Until I REAL good guy comes along.
JackieGirl007
by Platinum Member on Oct. 19, 2013 at 11:18 PM
2 moms liked this

For your wedding gift, I'm going to get you a do-it-yourself Divorce Kit.

Enjoy!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 19, 2013 at 11:18 PM
Toxic relationship
rvb146
by Gold Member on Oct. 19, 2013 at 11:19 PM
1 mom liked this
I do love when he cooks but I want to cook too. If it was up to him we would eat out everyday. Even when I do cook he goes "you know what would make this even better?"

Quoting Anonymous:

I hate hate hate to cook. I would love a man that wanted to take over that area.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kmjmlj
by Silver Member on Oct. 19, 2013 at 11:19 PM
Run....don't look back
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)