Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I don't HAVE to give you a refund. EDIT!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 390 Replies
1 mom liked this
A customer came in the retail store I work at tonight and asked for a refund for an item he had purchased. He had the reciept, and the items were not damaged. The price he paid was like $8 and some change.

There were 2 people working tonight (Not a BIG store) and we were very busy. I am the only one there allowed to do refunds. Anyway so I scan the reciept and then enter the transaction number. The computer then promts us to get the customers first name, last name, city, state and address and type it into the computer. I can NOT give a refund without this info. It is NOT my rules.

Well the guy gets pissy and starts being a dick to me. He started complaining about me having to get that info and something about how it was only an $8 purchase. I apologized and let him know AGAIN that I can not give him a refund without that info. He starts getting snotty and then his wife says something along the lines of,"This is our personal info, and we don't have to give that info to you."

She was bitching because he had to say his name and address out loud in front of other customers who were paying absolutely NO attention to them.

I say sorry...AGAIN...and then say,"I don't HAVE to give you a refund ma'am". I wasn't at all rude or snotty. But reality is...I DON'T. If they aren't willing to give me that info...then I can't help them.

The man got mad and started to walk away, but he really wanted his $8. So he says,"Fine...my name is john smith." I say,"Sir, your REAL name." He ended up giving me his info, but only after being a complete ass about everything. We live in a small town, and though the guy didn't know me...I knew him....and his first name.

I don't get why people have to be such dick heads. Seriously...I didn't make that rule up. No need to take it out on ME. It's not like we are asking if he was a virgin, for his credit card number, bank accout number and mothers maiden name!

End rant!!!! Alright ladies...the man did not want to give me the info. Period. No matter HOW I got it from him (Paper/ID/out loud)
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 20, 2013 at 2:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
clownhater
by Silver Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 2:55 AM
2 moms liked this

Haha..you said suck dick heads. Lmao

elevator_chaos
by on Oct. 20, 2013 at 2:55 AM
1 mom liked this

I am looking for a job and my friend suggested I go apply at WalMart becuase she figured with my degree I could get a management position.

No. I would rather scoop poop or work in a nursing home. Seriously.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 20, 2013 at 2:55 AM

I don't want to give info so you can track my returns and purchases, and get put on some shit mailing list. You're in customer service if you really want to make your manager come over do the refund and make you look stupid I suggest you find an address to use for people like that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 20, 2013 at 2:57 AM
22 moms liked this
I AM the manager.

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't want to give info so you can track my returns and purchases, and get put on some shit mailing list. You're in customer service if you really want to make your manager come over do the refund and make you look stupid I suggest you find an address to use for people like that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 20, 2013 at 2:58 AM
1 mom liked this
I only work there because it is close...and because it gets me out of the house.

Quoting elevator_chaos:

I am looking for a job and my friend suggested I go apply at WalMart becuase she figured with my degree I could get a management position.

No. I would rather scoop poop or work in a nursing home. Seriously.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 20, 2013 at 2:59 AM
2 moms liked this

Not a good one apparently. I  hope those under you don't behave the same way.

Quoting Anonymous:

I AM the manager.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 20, 2013 at 2:59 AM
3 moms liked this
Oh and "I" don't track shit.

Quoting Anonymous:

vegaswife2011
by Emerald Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 3:00 AM

Lol, sorry.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 20, 2013 at 3:01 AM
2 moms liked this

Then why do you collect the personal information? Do you even know?

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh and "I" don't track shit.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 20, 2013 at 3:01 AM
1 mom liked this
Lol. Blame my mother. I grew up hearing it...and I guess it wore off on me. lol. I will type it...but I wont say it out loud. lol.

Quoting clownhater:

Haha..you said suck dick heads. Lmao

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)