Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Very concerned

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Hi all, 

I'm new to this page and I came here seeking advice because I'm extremely concerned about my son, Harry. He's 7 years old and I've noticed that he's developed an obsession with his private parts (he calls it his weasel.) tonight I caught him playing with himself under the covers when I checked on him after putting him to bed. I don't know what could be bringing on this behavior but my husband and I are disgusted and worried. How can we make this stop? Has anyone ever dealt with this?

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 20, 2013 at 2:54 AM
Replies (11-20):
susannah2000
by Ruby Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 3:11 AM

It is very normal for kids to do this, especially before they go to sleep. You need to stop being disgusted, and just let him know that it is only appropriate when he is alone in his room. Anywhere else or with other people, not okay.

armywife009
by Platinum Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 3:11 AM
1 mom liked this

It's perfectly normal. You need to make it clear to him that if he has the need to do that he needs to do it in private. Getting angry at him or acting as if it's disgusting will only embarrass him and cause issues.

NBean311
by Chivette on Oct. 20, 2013 at 3:12 AM
4 moms liked this

Sweet2413
by on Oct. 20, 2013 at 3:16 AM
Omg....this is a bit much. Involving the Pastor!! Let him do his own business and its none of yours or your dh business! Its completely NORMAL....

Quoting PoisonEyeV:

Wtf is the family pastor going to do about it? Pray for his weasel? Ohhh ffs!

Quoting Anonymous:

Well we wouldn't be so upset but he's always talking about his weasel and it looked kinda raw when we gave him a bath tonight. I know kids get fascinated with this stuff when they're really little but this just seems a little too much. I'm going to speak to the family pastor about it in church tomorrow. 

Sweet2413
by on Oct. 20, 2013 at 3:18 AM
4 moms liked this
You are freaking CRAZY as the other lady! What the hell is wrong with yall??

Quoting ReginaFultz:

I had a similar problem with one of my youngest boys. 
It was very upsetting for me to know he abused himself in this manner and we had many talks about it.   It makes me angry to even to think about it.
Eventually I resorted to removing his bedroom door and taking his pillow and blankets away from him. I make it a point to sneak up when I am approaching his room and pop my head in on him unannounced to see what he is up to. 
So far this has worked for the last two years. We did have to have several talks at first about the perverse nature of what he was doing. I finally got him to understand how disturbingly shameful he was when he did this. 
No other sin so clearly effects the body as sexual sin does for sexual immorality goes against your own body. 

sugarcrisp
by Ruby Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 3:18 AM

Oh heavenly father. Please HELP this boy and his weasel!

Quoting PoisonEyeV:

Quoting Anonymous:

Well we wouldn't be so upset but he's always talking about his weasel and it looked kinda raw when we gave him a bath tonight. I know kids get fascinated with this stuff when they're really little but this just seems a little too much. I'm going to speak to the family pastor about it in church tomorrow. 

sugarcrisp
by Ruby Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 3:20 AM
1 mom liked this

omg I'm dying over here in laughter.

Quoting ReginaFultz:

I had a similar problem with one of my youngest boys. 
It was very upsetting for me to know he abused himself in this manner and we had many talks about it.   It makes me angry to even to think about it.
Eventually I resorted to removing his bedroom door and taking his pillow and blankets away from him. I make it a point to sneak up when I am approaching his room and pop my head in on him unannounced to see what he is up to. 
So far this has worked for the last two years. We did have to have several talks at first about the perverse nature of what he was doing. I finally got him to understand how disturbingly shameful he was when he did this. 
No other sin so clearly effects the body as sexual sin does for sexual immorality goes against your own body. 

csxt99
by Jennifer on Oct. 20, 2013 at 3:21 AM

Facebook has a page just for you.  It was posted about tonight as well.  Have fun.

Sweet2413
by on Oct. 20, 2013 at 3:24 AM
1 mom liked this
Omg.....I seriously just laughed out loud! That is too funny. Please bless his weasel! Its been a very bad weasel....ROFFL!

Quoting sugarcrisp:

Oh heavenly father. Please HELP this boy and his weasel!

Quoting PoisonEyeV:

Quoting Anonymous:

kymom23
by Platinum Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 3:25 AM
1 mom liked this

You have to soak Mr. Weasel in holy water and have him say 3 Hail Mary's, while spinning around clockwise with his fingers up both sides of his nose. That will make him stop doing it and he will be pure again......

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN