Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Very concerned

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Hi all, 

I'm new to this page and I came here seeking advice because I'm extremely concerned about my son, Harry. He's 7 years old and I've noticed that he's developed an obsession with his private parts (he calls it his weasel.) tonight I caught him playing with himself under the covers when I checked on him after putting him to bed. I don't know what could be bringing on this behavior but my husband and I are disgusted and worried. How can we make this stop? Has anyone ever dealt with this?

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 20, 2013 at 2:54 AM
Replies (21-30):
laranadtony
by Ruby Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 3:27 AM
1 mom liked this

Teach him to do it in private and then give him privacy. Stay out of his bathroom time It is his "weasel" and his soap, he can wash it as fast as he wants to..

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 20, 2013 at 3:28 AM

Poor kid, this is normal for kids that age.  I would not try to stop him, because if you do that will just make it more interesting to him.  Remind him that the way he was doing it tonight is the best way.  In the privacy of his own bedroom, under the covers.  You have to be careful about how you handle this because you could affect his entire outlook on anything sexual.

If you and your husband are really this concerned make an appointment with your son's pediatrician. Ask him if this is normal and for his advice on how to handle this.

Sweet2413
by Bronze Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 3:29 AM
Omg.....dying over here!!!! LOL

Quoting kymom23:

You have to soak Mr. Weasel in holy water and have him say 3 Hail Mary's, while spinning around clockwise with his fingers up both sides of his nose. That will make him stop doing it and he will be pure again......

KelleLynn
by Bronze Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 3:30 AM
1 mom liked this

But your God is ok with you consorting with the likes of us on the internet... no masturbation but fill your mind with this. You have to be kidding.

Quoting ReginaFultz:

I had a similar problem with one of my youngest boys. 
It was very upsetting for me to know he abused himself in this manner and we had many talks about it.   It makes me angry to even to think about it.
Eventually I resorted to removing his bedroom door and taking his pillow and blankets away from him. I make it a point to sneak up when I am approaching his room and pop my head in on him unannounced to see what he is up to. 
So far this has worked for the last two years. We did have to have several talks at first about the perverse nature of what he was doing. I finally got him to understand how disturbingly shameful he was when he did this. 
No other sin so clearly effects the body as sexual sin does for sexual immorality goes against your own body. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 20, 2013 at 3:37 AM

Quoting kymom23:

You have to soak Mr. Weasel in holy water and have him say 3 Hail Mary's, while spinning around clockwise with his fingers up both sides of his nose. That will make him stop doing it and he will be pure again......

Thanks for the advice. Anything is worth a shot if it makes him holy and pure again! :)

crumpy_gat
by No. on Oct. 20, 2013 at 3:43 AM
Drug the lad
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 20, 2013 at 3:48 AM

Hi ReginaFultz, 

I couldn't agree more! If everybody parented the way you do the world wouldn't have worries such as ellisdee and maragiewanna. Praise the Good Lord Above.

laranadtony
by Ruby Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 3:51 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting ReginaFultz:

Oh my goodness no.

I removed the door to my oldest sons room years ago for that very reason. Likewise I took his pillows and his blankets.  I am not going to enable that kind of behaviour.  What kind of a parent would do that to their child?

I want to curb it now while it can still be instilled in him that this is a vile thing that he is doing.  I wouldn't want my child out trying to have sex with the other neighborhood children so why would I want him abusing himself in private (one leads to the other after all) 

If you would rub one out now and then, you would see it is not self abuse. Abuse hurts...

Don't sweat the petty things;Don't pet the sweaty things!

purpleducky
by Ruby Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 3:51 AM
1 mom liked this
Masturbation is not shameful and is not a sin. By telling your children that it is you are setting them up for sexual issues. Stop being prudes and let your children explore their bodies in privacy.
bowribbonmama
by Ruby Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 3:52 AM
2 moms liked this
Why are you still bathing your 7 year old? Is he incapable of bathing himself?

Quoting Anonymous:

Well we wouldn't be so upset but he's always talking about his weasel and it looked kinda raw when we gave him a bath tonight. I know kids get fascinated with this stuff when they're really little but this just seems a little too much. I'm going to speak to the family pastor about it in church tomorrow. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured