Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Very concerned

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Hi all, 

I'm new to this page and I came here seeking advice because I'm extremely concerned about my son, Harry. He's 7 years old and I've noticed that he's developed an obsession with his private parts (he calls it his weasel.) tonight I caught him playing with himself under the covers when I checked on him after putting him to bed. I don't know what could be bringing on this behavior but my husband and I are disgusted and worried. How can we make this stop? Has anyone ever dealt with this?

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 20, 2013 at 2:54 AM
Replies (41-50):
bowribbonmama
by Ruby Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 3:58 AM
1 mom liked this
This post is hilarious.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KelleLynn
by on Oct. 20, 2013 at 3:59 AM

And I see nothing wrong with a little common sense and sanity myself...at least in public, feel free to let your crazy hang out at home. A little patience and tolerance and/or medication go along way too...

Quoting ReginaFultz:

I see nothing wrong with a little moral decency, both private and public. 

That really is what is missing in todays world. These children are so desensitized by what they see on the media and hear from their peers.  It's downright shameful to think of how kids, and adults for that matter, see morality as a foreign conept.

A little humility and shame go a long way toward a christian upbringing.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 20, 2013 at 3:59 AM

What's wrong with naming my son after his great great grandfather Harry? Actually I'm kinda regretting that decision now. I know that man never spent his childhood wanking his weasel. 

scrockett8706
by on Oct. 20, 2013 at 4:00 AM

I am sorry but thisis SO not an issue for the pastor...instead, if it is getting raw (and possibly painful, which may result in even more obsession with it) it is an issue for your son's dr.

Quoting Anonymous:

Well we wouldn't be so upset but he's always talking about his weasel and it looked kinda raw when we gave him a bath tonight. I know kids get fascinated with this stuff when they're really little but this just seems a little too much. I'm going to speak to the family pastor about it in church tomorrow. 

jamamama00
by Ruby Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 4:00 AM
Troll fail
bowribbonmama
by Ruby Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 4:00 AM
Pretty sure OP and Regina are the same people. They both lack common sense and the quote button.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
busymommy2013
by on Oct. 20, 2013 at 4:01 AM
Devil's wands? You are starting to remind me of "Carrie's" mom! You know, the movie...dirty pillows!

Quoting ReginaFultz:

You see... this is a good example of what I was talking about when it comes to morality being so loose in today's world. 

Terms like "weasel" are being laughingly thrown out there when in actuality this is a very serious matter.
I need for my son to know that is not a "weasel" or a "willy" that he has down there. It is a penis for procreation and urination and any use other than that is simple failing a sinful scepter angrily at the Lord.

When used properly these things are good but they are no laughing matter when used to pervert themselves in such a deep and traumatizing manner.  My sons know that if they ever fiddle with their devils wands and I find out about it (and believe me I will) there will be consequences.

They don't want to have to go in front of the congregation and recall the details of their dirty acts with me standing there staring at them again that much is for sure.  

purpleducky
by Ruby Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 4:03 AM
Lol. He probably wanked it often.

Quoting Anonymous:

What's wrong with naming my son after his great great grandfather Harry? Actually I'm kinda regretting that decision now. I know that man never spent his childhood wanking his weasel. 

scrockett8706
by on Oct. 20, 2013 at 4:04 AM

I feel so bad for your son!!! You have no idea what psychological damage you may have caused him in the future.  This is totally normal and there is NOTHING wrong with this.  It is not "perverse" and you really need to lay off the kid.

Quoting ReginaFultz:

I had a similar problem with one of my youngest boys. 
It was very upsetting for me to know he abused himself in this manner and we had many talks about it.   It makes me angry to even to think about it.
Eventually I resorted to removing his bedroom door and taking his pillow and blankets away from him. I make it a point to sneak up when I am approaching his room and pop my head in on him unannounced to see what he is up to. 
So far this has worked for the last two years. We did have to have several talks at first about the perverse nature of what he was doing. I finally got him to understand how disturbingly shameful he was when he did this. 
No other sin so clearly effects the body as sexual sin does for sexual immorality goes against your own body. 

bowribbonmama
by Ruby Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 4:05 AM
You need to check yourself into a mental help facility.

Quoting ReginaFultz:

If we just let human nature do it's thing then we women would all be getting raped on the streetcorners daily now wouldn't we. 

I thank the good heavenly father than we are more than just our basic insticts.  Basic insticts are often urges that need to be overcome for the good of our spiritual wellbeing.

Now I am just plain ole sorry that so many of you other mothers see nothing wrong with your children running sexually rampant but I won't stand for it in my house.

I really don't mean that to sound offensive, perhaps I just don't understand. Sexuality is not something to be celebrated in any way shape or form outside of the marriage bed and to encourage your children to explore sexuality outside of that is just appauling to me.

I would sooner have my sons husbands tools cut off than allow them to explore such depravity and perversion. This is not a joking matter. Not in my household and not in the eyes of the LORD!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN